Minnie vs OSU

lo country

2 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I wonder if Frost and his coaches watch these games and ask themselves how far off they are from righting this ship. The half time adjustments by OSU are amazing. New QB and they keep rolling. On the contrary, Adrian Martinez looks much worse in year 4 than in year 1. Is that coaching or bad talent?

I think it's coaching.  Look at his freshman year......Or if we are honest, maybe it was the Pelini/Riley kids and Riley's development of Foster, Farmer, Oz and Stan....One year under Frost and Co didn't "ruin" them. I credit Oz' success to his own work ethic.  Bell didn't pan out and well Oz did what most knew he could when given the reigns.  Balled out.  

If we continue to increase the talent, knowledge of the scheme, change culture and get bigger, stringer, faster and still suck, that's coaching.  How can it be anything else. That's the one constant.  

• Plus1 3

Morgan is a game manager.  Gets the ball to his skill guys.  Drills that ball into and through his receivers....PJ, down 14 sticks to the game plan.  Frost, 2 plays in, panic sets in......

2 minutes ago, Kayvan said:

Yet much more effective than Adrian Martinez in every way. Even shows a little emotion and urgency, and knows how to throw the ball on a line. 

Don't know if I have ever seen AM throw a rope like that in 4 years.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Kayvan said:

Yet much more effective than Adrian Martinez in every way. Even shows a little emotion and urgency, and knows how to throw the ball on a line. 

He has barely done anything and is extremely lucky to not have two picks this game. He also has a super effective running game to help him out. The way people on here f#&%ing tongue bath other players just to put ours down is kinda sad. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

He has barely done anything and is extremely lucky to not have two picks this game. He also has a super effective running game to help him out. The way people on here f#&%ing tongue bath other players just to put ours down is kinda sad. 

It's not putting our guys down.  Honest question.  Would more players Minnie players start at NU or NU guys start at Minnie.  I won't ask about OSU........Funny think about luck, Morgan has it tonight.  He is average at  best, yet playing with composure one would expect from a veteran QB.  And he is keeping this game pretty close.    

2 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

No tongue bath here. Just acknowledging a guy with lesser talent who stays calm and helps his put his team in a position to win…or at least be competitive. 

• Plus1 1