Minnie vs OSU

lo country

8 minutes ago, lo country said:

It's not putting our guys down.  Honest question.  Would more players Minnie players start at NU or NU guys start at Minnie.  I won't ask about OSU........Funny think about luck, Morgan has it tonight.  He is average at  best, yet playing with composure one would expect from a veteran QB.  And he is keeping this game pretty close.    

I'd say more than Morgan this game was close because Ibrahim playing well and Stroud playing poorly. Also the overturned pick. I honestly have no idea who would have more guys start where and then that could be spun any way you want. If we have more guys that could start there we are wasting talent. If they have more guys that could start here we just haven't developed correctly. 

@Kayvanyeah it's just weird to come in to compliment Morgan just to talk s#!t on Martinez when no one mentioned him. 

Most absolutely freaking annoying thing about that no call is that, Ohio State gets a no call ON A PLAY THAT WAS APPARENTLY REVIEWED IN SLOW MOTION AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A PENALTY.  

And we get called on stuff the announcers and even opposing fans are like.... "yeah, I don't know why the refs called that a penalty. Didn't look like one to me."

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I'd say more than Morgan this game was close because Ibrahim playing well and Stroud playing poorly. Also the overturned pick. I honestly have no idea who would have more guys start where and then that could be spun any way you want. If we have more guys that could start there we are wasting talent. If they have more guys that could start here we just haven't developed correctly. 

@Kayvanyeah it's just weird to come in to compliment Morgan just to talk s#!t on Martinez when no one mentioned him. 

I mean, this is a Husker board…

4 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Can't deny Ibrahim is a baller.  Would love to have a runner like that.  Minnie put up 408 yards total O.  Roughly 50/50 pass run.......I think that was a torn achilles in that left leg. hate it for him.  

The bold is really what I think is NU's problem.  All the potential in the world, but it has yet to pan out.  Transfers, guys who don't work out etc....Then I look at Minnie with less star power and they just pass the eyeball test.  Game 1 and they played OSU and the refs very close.  Continually getting good classes and talent, but just never translates to the most important stat.....The W's.......

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Most absolutely freaking annoying thing about that no call is that, Ohio State gets a no call ON A PLAY THAT WAS APPARENTLY REVIEWED IN SLOW MOTION AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A PENALTY.  

And we get called on stuff the announcers and even opposing fans are like.... "yeah, I don't know why the refs called that a penalty. Didn't look like one to me."

If that wasn’t targeting I don’t know what is. If that were a NU player hitting someone like that he would’ve (and has) been thrown out of the game. Poor call!

12 minutes ago, lo country said:

Can't deny Ibrahim is a baller.  Would love to have a runner like that.  Minnie put up 408 yards total O.  Roughly 50/50 pass run.......I think that was a torn achilles in that left leg. hate it for him.  

The bold is really what I think is NU's problem.  All the potential in the world, but it has yet to pan out.  Transfers, guys who don't work out etc....Then I look at Minnie with less star power and they just pass the eyeball test.  Game 1 and they played OSU and the refs very close.  Continually getting good classes and talent, but just never translates to the most important stat.....The W's.......

Yeah I mean I cant argue with any of that. For whatever reason(development, scheme, culture) the team does not seem to be playing to their full potential, and Minnesota as a team seem like they did tonight. 

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

We got called for holding when the ref responsible for calling holding wasn't on the field.

• Thanks 1

Minnesota looks huge. Their style will absolutely obliterate us. I am no Fleck fan, but it’s amazing how you can see his recruiting style, his vision of his team and program being on display on the field. They are a different looking team and the program feels different from when Jerry Kill and that other coach was there.

The ugly truth is we are nowhere near capable of hanging with either of these teams.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Minnesota looks huge. Their style will absolutely obliterate us. I am no Fleck fan, but it’s amazing how you can see his recruiting style, his vision of his team and program being on display on the field. They are a different looking team and the program feels different from when Jerry Kill and that other coach was there.

The ugly truth is we are nowhere near capable of hanging with either of these teams.

One OL who sat out last year because of Covid concerns is  6’9, 380 lbs.....  I loved when they’d bring in the extra OL to get added push. 

• Plus1 2