Northwestern Play-by-Play

Mavric

19 hours ago, Mavric said:

Not great protection but good enough to give Martinez time.  And when you have play-makers you can trust you can give them a chance to make plays.

I keep seeing people complaining that this ball was under thrown. It traveled almost 50 yards in the air.  He trusted Toure to go get it and he threw it in a place that he could.  

• Plus1 3
26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I keep seeing people complaining that this ball was under thrown. It traveled almost 50 yards in the air.  He trusted Toure to go get it and he threw it in a place that he could.  

I will say when he threw it I was like oh crap because of the past rec we have had that wouldn't make that play.  But yeah the Trevor Lawrences or Spencer Ratltlers of the world make that same play and they are the greatest of all time.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I will say when he threw it I was like oh crap because of the past rec we have had that wouldn't make that play.  But yeah the Trevor Lawrences or Spencer Ratltlers of the world make that same play and they are the greatest of all time.

One big difference I have noticed the last few games.  When 2AM drops back, has time and releases the ball down field, I'm usually excited saying...."oh YEAH".....instead of "oh s#!t".

That's a big change from years past.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Run into the boundary because of the numbers advantage but we run out of room fast.

Was a nice pancake by Vokolek, though.

This would have been another great play for a fake pitch.  They had one defender to beat for the first down and possibly quite a few more yards.  They had him set up till he could fully commit to the RB.

• Plus1 2