Northwestern Play-by-Play

Mavric

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So, now that we won a game in convincing fashion and there's zero controversy, can we talk about Big Ten refs not calling holding on our opponents without "ThE rEfS dIdN't MaKe Us LoSe" guy getting in a snit?

I was mad a few years ago about it.  Now I'm just wondering why.  Hopefully with time we get back on the big 10s good side and start getting some fair officiating.  I do think they are slow to throw the holding flag in the league but some "missed" calls sure are egregious.  

19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So, now that we won a game in convincing fashion and there's zero controversy, can we talk about Big Ten refs not calling holding on our opponents without "ThE rEfS dIdN't MaKe Us LoSe" guy getting in a snit?

Refs  just seemed checked out of this game in general.  They missed a few super obvious calls.  Seemed like they just wanted to keep the clock moving.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Refs  just seemed checked out of this game in general.  They missed a few super obvious calls.  Seemed like they just wanted to keep the clock moving.

Agreed, but that doesn't explain why we once went two years without an opponent holding call. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I didn't hear the radio call until yesterday and I got a huge kick out of Betts outrunning Greg Sharpe's voice. 

Sharpe was NOT ready for that play. Betts got north to south so fast Sharpe had to pause mid-run and regroup. :lol:

A very pleasant problem to have. 

• Oh Yeah! 2

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Kind of an uncharacteristically quick pitch from Martinez.  I wonder if he knew Betts had them beat.

Man, Betts covers ground in a HURRY.

Love the all-22 showing that Adrian Martinez' greatest effort of that play was running on and off the field. 

Dude's been through a lot. He deserves a "scoring drive" like that.

• Plus1 1