Just normal American Utopia...

39 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Honest question, do you think being gay or lesbian is a choice?

Everything is a choice except eventually dying.   But to your point  I do think some people are automatically attracted to the same sex when that time in life comes and others migrate to the same sex because they can’t find a partner of the opposite sex and it just becomes easier to find a partner of the same so they can some sort of companionship.   I’ve personally known people in both camps. 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Everything is a choice except eventually dying.   But to your point  I do think some people are automatically attracted to the same sex when that time in life comes and others migrate to the same sex because they can’t find a partner of the opposite sex and it just becomes easier to find a partner of the same so they can some sort of companionship.   I’ve personally known people in both camps. 

So isn't it reasonable to think that maybe some folks have a hormonal make-up that could make them not attracted to either sex?

48 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Could be something mental.  What’s the purpose of the question 

Your comment about people choosing to be asexual had the connotation that people only were asexual because they couldn’t find a partner.  

Just trying to clarify.

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

At what age did you choose to be heterosexual?

I think there are some in the second group you mention, but relatively very few. I know some. I’ll give an example.  Back in college, I knew a woman that was gay. She didn’t start out that way. But, she was brutally dare raped as a teenager and could never trust a man again. So, she found love and respect elsewhere. That’s the story I’ve known with most that weren’t born gay. 

So, really none have “chosen” that path. 

11 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Guess we answered this one. Good work today everyone.

Good catch on sarcasm.  Glad the first comment tripped you up so much you couldn’t catch on.     Let me explain further for those that need it.  

The context of the discussion was if people choose to be Gay/lesbian.  That said….The only true choice in life we don’t have is to not die.   We all do it.  Every single one of us.  

Now I clearly said I believe some people are born in a way that they prefer the company of the same sex.  They could choose to live life a different way in unhappiness and some actually do.  We’ve all heard the stories of married people with kids who divorce because one can’t live the lie anymore.  It was a choice to not live the life with another gay/lesbian person but didn’t mean they weren’t gay/lesbian.   Others choose to live a gay/lesbian sexual lifestyle because they can’t find a straight partner or like the example @BigRedBuster said.   

asexual people not being able to get laid is a choice that seems like a forced choice in that they want to live as a Priest/Nun or they can’t get laid and want to be labeled something so I guess that group created asexual.   

I’ll remember to tag sarcasm on further posts for your benefit. 

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

asexual people not being able to get laid is a choice that seems like a forced choice in that they want to live as a Priest/Nun or they can’t get laid and want to be labeled something so I guess that group created asexual.   

Surely there are asexual people who actively choose it.

There are also certainly others who through no choice of their own have little or zero sex drive at all, and instead of 'want to be labeled something', find comfort in a community knowing that they're not alone and not the only ones, when they've probably spent most of their life feeling like there's something wrong with them. 

• Plus1 3
  • 2 weeks later...

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Insanity.   Plus more information from the media calling it a “don’t say gay” bill even after that garbage has been disproven time after time.   

Where in the law does it restrict talking about humping to K-3rd graders?

Why do you keep making things up?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Where in the law does it restrict talking about humping to K-3rd graders?

Why do you keep making things up?

Page 2 section 3 subsection 18 semi colon 24 paragraph 8 third sentence of the fourth Column in code 27.   Or just take it as meme?   I’m confused with you though.  Do we take things too literally or do we not?  You seem to be all over the page on this issue lately by your replies.  

But Pete did say he agreed the law would kill kids:dunno  and classifying the law as “don’t say gay” is disingenuous and lazy reporting.  Glad we settled that. 

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Page 2 section 3 subsection 18 semi colon 24 paragraph 8 third sentence of the fourth Column in code 27.   Or just take it as meme?   I’m confused with you though.  Do we take things too literally or do we not?  You seem to be all over the page on this issue lately by your replies.  

But Pete did say he agreed the law would kill kids:dunno  and classifying the law as “don’t say gay” is disingenuous and lazy reporting.  Glad we settled that. 

Edit:  to those that haven’t read it, Archy made up the part of the bill that talks about restricting teaching “humping”.  I caught the sarcasm, but others might not have.

LGBT kids attempt suicide four times as often as straight kids.  Why do you think that is?  Could it be that they don’t feel “normal”?

This law has no teeth in regards to “sex Ed” outside of making a point to make talking about sexual orientation and gender identity a “crime”.  It won’t change anything that has been or will be taught.  The concern isn’t for the 6 year olds, it’s for the 16 year old that just had a law passed that will make him/her feel “not normal”

If you could get passed the whole “it doesn’t have the word gay in it!!!” nonsense, you might actually see that section 3 is nothing but a unnecessary swipe at a group of people.   A group filled with teens that already face depression at a higher rate than straight teens.

More LGTB kids die of suicide because of who they are than kids that died from wearing masks and getting vaccines.  Why does Florida seem to care about one and not the other?

• Thanks 1