Just normal American Utopia...

44 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Pizza Hut and McDonalds will both make you fat.  But they are not the same restaurant.

Yes, censure is bulls#!t.  But these two bulls#!t censures we’re not the same.

No situation is exactly the same.  However, they are the same in what I said.  It's party BS.  Do what they want you to do and don't step out of line.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Even though this is exposing bad actors on the right, I'm going to put this in here because of the way I think this should be. In my opinion, the coziness here seen between the Trump administration and Fox News is absolutely unacceptable. Just as there is separation of church and state, there should be separation of state and media. A free media is key to a functioning democracy and drifting away from that is very dangerous, as we are seeing in Russia. 

Just as it is "Illegal" for PACS and campaigns to coordinate, it should be illegal for any news organization/ political administration to coordinate messaging. Cuomo lost his job for helping his brother through his position of power in the media, during a time of crisis. Each news personality participating in these texts are guilty of the exact same crime and should suffer the same fate. 

I don't give a damn who is in power. The free media is there to inform us on exactly how our government is performing. They cannot be in the pocket of any party, administration, or candidate. 

Go ahead and throw your Obama/ Clinton examples out @Archy1221, though much smaller in scope, those examples are just as wrong, and should be just as illegal. 

How thousands of text messages from Mark Meadows and others reveal new details about events surrounding the Jan. 6 attack - Washington Post

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

What is QIA+ for in LGBTQIA+ ??  

it seems a new letter is getting added every other year or so.  

braskem_bluevision_infografico-lgbtq_sem

Dave Chapelle was ahead of his time by calling them the alphabet people.

JJ Husker (he/him)

CMWSMIOFNSF

cisgender married white straight male independent old fart nebraska sports fan

Ya know, none of this stuff is supposed to matter in the US but why is it the first questions on any federal form are about your color, ethnicity, marital status etc. and I’m sure gender and sexual orientation will be on there soon….but it doesn’t matter.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

JJ Husker (he/him)

CMWSMIOFNSF

Ya know, none of this stuff is supposed to matter in the US but why is it the first questions on any federal form are about your color, ethnicity, marital status etc. and I’m sure gender and sexual orientation will be on there soon….but it doesn’t matter.

1. Acronyms are dumb. 

2. This changing of acronyms happens way too much and not just in relation to this. STEM education is now STEAM education, because ARTS are important too dang it, except when STEM was created it was specifically to lessen the focus on arts. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

JJ Husker (he/him)

CMWSMIOFNSF

Is anyone actually asexual by choice?   Or are these people who just can’t get laid and would like a letter? 

• Haha 3
18 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Is anyone actually asexual by choice?   Or are these people who just can’t get laid and would like a letter? 

I have been asexual in my life for a few months here and there.  I just had a different name for it...D-R-Y-S-P-E-L-L

• Haha 4