OLB Phil Picciotti [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

18 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Picciotti commit?

• Nebraska
    • Penn State
    • Notre Dame
    • Oklahoma
    • Michigan
    • Auburn

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

He's stiff.  Prob be decent but won't lose sleep over him going to OU. 

Unless we land a couple stud edge rushers our linebackers are several year projects. Just like about all of them we’ve recruited during the Ruud tenure. Our recruiting is just dead in the water.

• Mavric changed the title to OLB Phil Picciotti [Oklahoma Commit]
  • 2 weeks later...

I think our LBs have been solid, workmanlike, fundamentalists and credit Ruud. They play like the Ruud boys (good).  Maybe not superstars but tend to not let the team down.  

DEs are a bit different and we do need to find some speed guys - we are recruiting those better.  DL may just be the surprise strength of the team. Just a hunch in my part. If so, we may have the best defense in quite awhile. That will really help the offense if it sputters. Chin and Co seem to be hard to put long drives in the end zone imo.  We flex some but if the safeties can stop the 8 yards plus plays, we got a chance.  

Quietly, the Blackshirts have been getting steadily better, year of year, imo.  Lotta new faces but few frosh will have to play, though a couple might get time but not for want of older guys.  I will be surprised if we lose many due to a defensive fail.  But got to keep the O and STs playing winning fb. 

36 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I think our LBs have been solid, workmanlike, fundamentalists and credit Ruud. They play like the Ruud boys (good).  Maybe not superstars but tend to not let the team down.  

Definitely read that as womanlike and couldn't figure out what you were getting at. But I totally agree now that I read it a second time.

On 7/4/2022 at 8:35 PM, BigRedN said:

OU owns us.  

We have two higher committed and Lenhart that looks like he's going to be ours.  Two of those are rated higher than this guy and Noonan isn't far behind him.

I think we are fine at this position for this class.  Also, Coleman has been discussed as being at this position too.

• Plus1 1
22 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

We have two higher committed and Lenhart that looks like he's going to be ours.  Two of those are rated higher than this guy and Noonan isn't far behind him.

I think we are fine at this position for this class.  Also, Coleman has been discussed as being at this position too.

Lol Coleman at middle linebacker? Umm no 

50 minutes ago, Huskadeez said:

Lol Coleman at middle linebacker? Umm no 

Additionally, on Lenhardt, my thought was he is an edge guy for the class [start at OLB perhaps, yes] and not OLB.  Sounds like my thought might be wrong.

For me, my statement about "OU owning us" was at that time of committing OU was taking recruits in our 500 mile radius and owning us.  It was a "misspoke" moment.  I agree with BidRedBuster that we will be fine.  

• Mavric changed the title to OLB Phil Picciotti [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]