Husker Apparel

Can someone tell me why the flying F our coaches have insanely cool gear that is never available for purchase? Is the university allergic to money? The Adidas licensed gear at the team store is absolute garbage. 

10583574.jpg?fit=bounds&width=767&height

Coach Harv's baseball Herbie shirt, Coach Bolt's pull over....nowhere to be found. In fact there is zero gear with that script Nebraska available...

2antxxnrcmw11.jpg

Frost Herbie golf hat....nowhere to be found. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

It's pretty stupid. I get making things for the coaches so they have some unique swag. It's a perk. 

But after a month or six months, that stuff should be available to the general public. Because people would buy the heck out of that stuff.

Drives me nuts. Just went to the husker "official online store". Zero Nebraska script shirts, Zero basketball Herbie shirts, very few huskers script shirts.

On 1/19/2022 at 2:30 PM, FrantzHardySwag said:

Drives me nuts. Just went to the husker "official online store". Zero Nebraska script shirts, Zero basketball Herbie shirts, very few huskers script shirts.

On 1/19/2022 at 12:56 PM, knapplc said:

It's pretty stupid. I get making things for the coaches so they have some unique swag. It's a perk. 

But after a month or six months, that stuff should be available to the general public. Because people would buy the heck out of that stuff.

Most producers/retailers don't want to have an unlimited amount of SKU's and keep inventory for a large variety of shirt styles.  I agree that it sucks that the coaches and teams can get cool gear made for them as one off designs, and it's not available for the public, but it would be impossible for Adidas and other gear makers to have mass production and keep the inventory for all of these different designs.

35 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Most producers/retailers don't want to have an unlimited amount of SKU's and keep inventory for a large variety of shirt styles.  I agree that it sucks that the coaches and teams can get cool gear made for them as one off designs, and it's not available for the public, but it would be impossible for Adidas and other gear makers to have mass production and keep the inventory for all of these different designs.

I really wish they would at least incorporate the concepts, like other sports Herbie, or the Nebraska Script. They have numerous crappy designs available haha. 

2 hours ago, Loebarth said:

The shirt Harv's wearing is a "must" have.. Frost's ball cap too... Come on Book Store, make these available to us lowly's!! :)

Gotta have it was my first thought too. 

15 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I really wish they would at least incorporate the concepts, like other sports Herbie, or the Nebraska Script. They have numerous crappy designs available haha. 

I totally agree with you. I think it would be awesome to have a sports specific Herbie t-shirt available for all sports. That wouldn't be all that hard and it's a T-shirt/hat/logo and wouldn't need to change year after year with new styles.  Oklahoma State does similar apparel with their Cowboy. 

• 3 weeks later...

Schools, and apparel companies specifically make exclusive sideline apparel that won't be available to the general public.  The gear is for coaches and donors only, schools don't want it to be sold to the general public so donors feel special getting exclusive gear.  For that baseball shirt that Coach Harv is wearing, if you donate a couple hundred to the baseball program, he would be able to hook you up with one of those shirts.

On 2/7/2022 at 5:10 PM, sho said:

Schools, and apparel companies specifically make exclusive sideline apparel that won't be available to the general public.  The gear is for coaches and donors only, schools don't want it to be sold to the general public so donors feel special getting exclusive gear.  For that baseball shirt that Coach Harv is wearing, if you donate a couple hundred to the baseball program, he would be able to hook you up with one of those shirts.

Yup, this seems to be the way things work that I've heard too.  I have a couple buddies that donate to the wrestling program and they'll get a polo shirt, tshirt or hoodie every once in a while.  I would imagine the 'Adidas' room where they have all the gear is chock full of some sweet stuff.  I know they keep pretty tight tabs on it thoug.