Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Never cared for Sen Scott.  He is fumbling with his words because the GOP is in an untannable position now with the abortion laws.  The only 'bright spot', if you want to call it that,  is that this will surely lead to Trump's defeat and will also secure the house and senate for the Dems - which could bring moderation on this issue.  Not that the House & Senate will be able to control states, but rather gaining the house and senate may help down ticket candidates at the state level.  Except here in Okla where the filing dead line has passed and the GOP is assured continued control, before the casting of any votes,  of the Okla House and Senate due to the total # of unchallenged races.  This will lead to more engrained corruption as the GOP gains absolute power in the state.   

IMHO, The GOP missed the opportunity with Haley - I think she would have worked towards some national consensus on this issue - as a woman leader- she can see both sides. 

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Never cared for Sen Scott.  He is fumbling with his words because the GOP is in an untannable position now with the abortion laws.  The only 'bright spot', if you want to call it that,  is that this will surely lead to Trump's defeat and will also secure the house and senate for the Dems - which could bring moderation on this issue.  Not that the House & Senate will be able to control states, but rather gaining the house and senate may help down ticket candidates at the state level.  Except here in Okla where the filing dead line has passed and the GOP is assured continued control, before the casting of any votes,  of the Okla House and Senate due to the total # of unchallenged races.  This will lead to more engrained corruption as the GOP gains absolute power in the state.   

IMHO, The GOP missed the opportunity with Haley - I think she would have worked towards some national consensus on this issue - as a woman leader- she can see both sides. 

I wasn't a fan of Haley, mainly because of the Trump stink she had on her for a long time.  However, late in her campaign she started speaking the truth about Trump and saying what needed to be said.  Unfortunately, that doesn't get her anywhere with the R voters.

As for abortion.  I'm beginning to wonder if this is the death nail for Republicans controlling so many state houses.  OK...they've turned it over to the states.  Now, really pathetic laws like what Scott is supporting are coming up and, I believe, the majority of people are going to push back against that.  Republicans are going to have a really hard time now saying...."well, we support abortion in certain situations and we care about women's right to make these decisions".  No, they will feel like they need to still stand with an extreme hard line against abortion.  And...that's not where the majority of the population is on the subject.

There's also a chance that this is why some Republicans are pushing for a national abortion ban.  It takes the pressure off state houses and it will be easier for them to keep control at that level.

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wasn't a fan of Haley, mainly because of the Trump stink she had on her for a long time.  However, late in her campaign she started speaking the truth about Trump and saying what needed to be said.  Unfortunately, that doesn't get her anywhere with the R voters.

As for abortion.  I'm beginning to wonder if this is the death nail for Republicans controlling so many state houses.  OK...they've turned it over to the states.  Now, really pathetic laws like what Scott is supporting are coming up and, I believe, the majority of people are going to push back against that.  Republicans are going to have a really hard time now saying...."well, we support abortion in certain situations and we care about women's right to make these decisions".  No, they will feel like they need to still stand with an extreme hard line against abortion.  And...that's not where the majority of the population is on the subject.

There's also a chance that this is why some Republicans are pushing for a national abortion ban.  It takes the pressure off state houses and it will be easier for them to keep control at that level.

I agree on all points.   Haley was soft on Trump to begin with.   That was a mistake.   

With Trump being Trump and most likely being convicted in criminal court here soon, wt the cultist members being on record of supporting him and also at the state level supporting draconian laws, I would not be surprised to see a Blue Wave on every level.  If Biden wasn't 80- it would be a walk in the park.  Of course, Biden's record isn't spotless - we could bring up many issues, but he is far better than the rapist, fraudster, cult leader and soon to be convicted hush money criminal alternative. 

• TBH 3

The Republicans are coming for birth control too.  Remember, your intimate relations with your spouse are solely for the purpose of procreation.  You will no longer be able to effectively control when and how many kids you want in your family.  Just let it rip.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

4 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

The Republicans are coming for birth control too.  Remember, your intimate relations with your spouse are solely for the purpose of procreation.  You will no longer be able to effectively control when and how many kids you want in your family.  Just let it rip.  

Well…if you only want three kids….youre only supposed to have sex three times….well, till you’re wife goes through menopause for which then she isn’t going to want you to touch her anyway. 

Republicans must really like just snuggling. 

• Plus1 2
On 4/10/2024 at 5:16 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Well…if you only want three kids….youre only supposed to have sex three times….well, till you’re wife goes through menopause for which then she isn’t going to want you to touch her anyway. 

Republicans must really like just snuggling. 

Yep, and men who ejaculate anywhere other than inside a vagina should be arrested for abortion.

• Worth a Look 1

20 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Yep, and men who ejaculate anywhere other than inside a vagina should be arrested for abortion.

See, this is why I am LITERALLY PRO-ABORTION.

Because I like to spray all over.  

This is why PRO-LIFERS should be charged, is what you meant to say, I think.   

• Worth a Look 1
45 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Even fake ones? Asking for teach.

• Haha 2