WR Jacory Barney

HuskerBoard Predictor  

30 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Barney commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/article/nebraska-huskers-receive-commitment-from-miami-wide-receiver-jac-212334374/

for your entertainment. I’m interested in this commitment but given our track record with south FL guys lately color me concerned. Willis McGahee is wavering as well. They are a flaky bunch. I just don’t think the culture down there meshes well up here. But the talent is immense. 

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Jacory Barney [Nebraska Commit]
  • Mavric pinned this topic

17 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

But how many spots do they have left? I’ve heard a maximum of 25. If Brix comes aboard that leaves one more for a LB or DL?

Word is they are still at least recruiting one more corner. So 25 hard number but Brix is we find a spot?

Just now, Huskerfollower4life said:

Amare Sanders remember that package deal???

Allegedly. I have my doubts Cooper would keep up contact if not. I know Rhule trusts his evals but Barta is just a head scratcher to be in this class. 

• Plus1 1

Something to ponder… maybe Rhule knows something we don’t about this Oline. Maybe now that the frat boys are gone and there are adults in the room they have really developed the guys we already have in the offseason. Could be why they are going after all these skill players? What do you all think?

• Oh Yeah! 1
17 minutes ago, Decked said:

Allegedly. I have my doubts Cooper would keep up contact if not. I know Rhule trusts his evals but Barta is just a head scratcher to be in this class. 

Well Barta could be a diamond in the rough or Cooper liked something he saw.  Yes he is a head scratcher but I'm not a coach, I just play one on message boards.:P  In all honesty he had to do something right in order to get a committable offer.  Just thought it could have been a grey shirt.  Maybe this staff doesn't believe in grey shirt offers.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

If they come out and look competent and get other really good players interested, I could see going to around 28. 

We could always have 1 or 2 decommits. 

From all accounts everyone is excited to be coached by HC Matt Rhule and staff and are excited to change the narrative of our program so I don't see commits leaving unless the coaches stop communicating with them and other teams try to sneak in.  I thought wrong when it came to Barney bc he loved his visit, then Miami came calling and you didn't hear much about Nebraska so I thought he was headed elsewhere but in fact he loved Nebraska the whole time.  It's hard to read the recruits thoughts when they aren't talking much.

• TBH 1
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Jacory Barney