What will it take?

Wilson is a huge talent and has been breaking big runs in practice, he even got a run that went in Jordan's vault of great plays, but I think they are going to have to work up situational packages for him atleast for a little while until he has a full grasp of the playbook. Callahan likes to utilize multiple backs and that goes back to his Raider days. I think you'll see 2 or 3 of these guys alot with one being a situational player. I think all 4 will be on the field at some point during every game barring injury. Don't rule out the possibility of a 2 back set that shifts one or both backs into a receiver position either. The possibilties are numerous and confusing with this much talent and that is exactly what we want our opponents to think/feel. GBR!

We know that Glenn has played FB some. Perhaps we will see Wilson in that position a little. But apparently Dane Todd is quite a leader, so I'm sure B.C. wants him on the field, too.

As Eric said, Wilson needs to be able to catch the ball and pass block. If he is able to do those things and gets through the learning curb, he could be tremendous.

I just read somewhere that Jordan say Jackson is doing the blocking the best. Pass and run. He will count on him to teach the others. Sounds like the decession has been made to me.

I do not think Lucky plays into the picture as much as the other three. But who knows.

From Mitch Sherman @ OWH..

Sophomore I-back Marlon Lucky took the first set of snaps with the top offensive unit. The former marquee recruit remains mired in a four-man battle for playing time with Cody Glenn, Kenny Wilson and Brandon Jackson.

All four backs played with the No. 1 offense, but Lucky's role appeared the most versatile of the group.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=528&u_...3&u_sid=2227491

i'd bet lucky is first in on september 2nd....but.....wilson will end up being the starter for the usc game. the dude just has it.

I agree. I thought that Glenn was going to start as the guy, but now I think Lucky will at first. Still though, Wilson will have the job by the USC game, and won't let go until he leaves here.

Glenn will start. No matter how good Wilson looks in practice, you HAVE to know the playbook to play. Lucky will be used as more of a change of pace...and out of the backfield dump off.

I think reason you arent hearing much about Glenn is, he's not having to do as much work at the others...Coaches know he has it...they're looking for him a backup. He's the starter come Sept. 2 in my opinion.

My opinion and prediction is bold...but I believe it. Glenn and Lucky will carry the load (mostly Glenn)...Wilson will get a few touches a game...more towards the end of the season...and BJ will get his every now and then.

Don't count out Brandon Jackson. We haven't seen practice at all so no one knows what goes behind closed doors. Many in the media say Jackson is the as good if not better then any back we have... he just hasn't been healthy. Remember he played quite a bit 2 years ago and ran well. The first two games will be what decides who is the dominate back as the coaches will give each back their shot at it if they are so close right now.

Hey StillW,

Love that enthusiasm for Glenn!!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lucky trot out first on the Huskers first offensive series against LA Tech. I still think the coaches want to do what they can to give Lucky the opportunity to get in the game and get his primetime carries. However, I expect Glenn to get in the game prettty quickly and get the majority of the workload.

I expect KW to see at least a few carries too in this game and possibly BJax as well. The second half might be interesting too depending on if the game gets out of hand in the Huskers' favor.

I don't think the LA Tech game will be it...but I'm ready for the coaches to stop the touchy feely stuff with giving certain backs a certain number of touches and trying to keep everyone fresh and/or interested and psyched up. I'm ready for them to settle down into a rotation where the most productive back(s) play, whether that is Lucky or KW or BJax or my man Glenn. I think that day is coming.

Let's roll C-Train!!