The new FG/place kicker from Furman
WR/KR Trey Palmer from LSU
The 2 DLineman - Wynn from Alabama, Drew from Texas Tech
OT Kevin Williams from Northern Colo
RB Grant from NMMI
P Buschimi from Montana
WR Washington from Texas
DB Tommi Hill and S Singleton

Made one change to @admo 's list.  Special teams are so important to improve that I had to move up the punter.

QB Casey Thompson from Texas

P Buschimi from MontanaWR/KR

DL Ochaun Mathis from TCU

Trey Palmer from LSU
RB Grant from NMMI
WR Washington from Texas

• Plus1 2

Thanks @admofor making the template for us slackers.  I've made 1 change - I moved Grant up to # 3 as I think he will have an immediate impact on the run game which we sorely need (if the new OL coach gets the OL to playing better).  We need a guy who wants to 'own' that position from Ireland to the site of the playoff championship game :P.   I think Grant is that guy.  We had good WRs last year and Palmer will be impactful this year.  But we need a good run game to open up the pass and a good pass game to keep the D from loading up the box.  So Grant / Palmer two great gets to make that happen.

QB Casey brings consistency and a 'finisher' mindset to that position.  And Mathis gives us the rushing end we haven't had since Gregory.   The FG kicker will enable us to win some games that we lost last year.

QB Casey Thompson from Texas
DL Ochaun Mathis from TCU

RB Grant from NMMI
WR/KR Trey Palmer from LSU
P Buschimi from Montana
WR Washington from Texas

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I believe that Casey Thompson is the most impactful bc where  ever he goes so goes the team. Here is my list after that:

Mathis

Wynn

Palmer

Grant

Kicker from Furman

Washington

Buschini

Kevin Williams

Drew

Tommi Hill

The other wr

I know I don't have everyone but you get the basics

So on my list I put Wynn number three bc even if he doesn't have the stats he will take the pressure off of Mathis with double teams. I also believe that Washington coming here with his QB will make the whole offense better. He wasn't a 4 star for no reason maybe he needed a different environment or new voice and I believe that will bring out his potential. I believe Kevin Williams starts on the o-line don't know what side he will play.

• Plus1 1

Most impactful as of right now is Casey & Ochaun because the only thing being impacted right now is perception.  If we are guessing who will make the biggest difference I'm going with the special teams guys.  If they are great, we will win several more games.  If they stink, the other guys on the list won't matter too much.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

My sense of importance would mean the guys who we most need to be excellent (better than the guys they will be replacing by a good margin to transform the team from 3-9 to say 9-3):

kicker and punter

QB

Pass Rusher DE

DT run stuffer

Two RBs

kick / punt returners

O line (all that play)

WRs (need three Toure plus)

TE (need a serious receiving one)

Now, the guys I expect to be the best among them:

Thompson, Hill, Mathis, both kickers, Palmer, and maybe Wynn.  
I do expect three or four more to get better as the season goes along.  It’s hard to tell because my info and eval is pretty limited.  
As a group, I do feel this is most talented package of recruits in Frost’s tenure, fwiw.  

Other additions

QB Purdy from FSU
WR Garcia-Castenada from New Mexico St
S Williams from Alabama
OL Hunter Anthony from Okie State
DB Morton from JUCO Hutchingson CC
Long Snapper from Georgetown

Coaching additions - also impactful (not in any order)

Off Coord & QB - Whipple from Pitt
WR Coach - Mickey Joseph from LSU
RB Coach - Brian Applewhite from TCU
SpecTeams Coach - Bill Busch from LSU
O-Line Coach - Raiola from NFL Chicago Bears

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, if that happens and Williams is on the line, would that put Williams ahead of Grant?

In that case we should move Williams to # 1 as the OL affects every offensive position including punter and place kicker.  However, Williams is but one guy on a line of 5 or 6 including the TE.  So, I'm putting more weight on the new OL coach to make improvement along the full line which is needed for a consistent run game.  Therefore, ASSUMING the OL coach can upgrade the whole line, I think Grant will be the real deal in our back field next season. 

Additionally,  one guy on the DL can change a game (think SUH) but one guy on the OL can't control a game like SUH, or one of our other great DL guys from the past. 

Maybe a another thread on the most impactful assistant coach:dunno

I believe special teams will be in great hands, with Coach Busch, the kicker additions and Palmer on KR/PR. 

Really like the additions of Mathis, Wynn, Drew to the defensive line with Ty Robinson, and then Newsome and Hutchmatcher.  Plus you add edge guys (OLB) Nelson to it, along with Tannor and Butler. 

I am worried about ILB depth behind Reimer & Henrich. 

27 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

So on my list I put Wynn number three bc even if he doesn't have the stats he will take the pressure off of Mathis with double teams. I also believe that Washington coming here with his QB will make the whole offense better. He wasn't a 4 star for no reason maybe he needed a different environment or new voice and I believe that will bring out his potential. I believe Kevin Williams starts on the o-line don't know what side he will play.

The thing that concerns me about Washington is that I've read a number of places that he had a problem with drops.  That's not necessarily something that can be fixed with just a change of scenery or the voice in his ear.

• Plus1 1