Transfer Portal Targets 2022

Mavric

55 minutes ago, Red Five said:

We are razor thin at the front 7 on D.  If we don't bring in a few guys we're at the point of not having enough numbers to get through spring practice if there are a few injuries.

We need at least 1 experienced DL and 1 experienced LB in the portal.

At LB we at least have some young guys that need to step up.  DL we literally have nobody, not even walk-ons.  We have more QB's than DL on the roster currently.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, that's a bit hyperbolic and misleading.

It is? By my count we are currently at 8 and 4.  IF you want to Include EDGE, that would put as at 8 and 7, currently. 

QB- Cooper Hausmann, Chubba Purdy, Mikey Pauley, Logan Smothers, Jarrett Synek, Heinrich Haarberg, Richard Torres, Casey Thompson.

DL- Nash Hutmacher, Jacob Herbek, Stephon Wynn Jr., Ty Robinson

Edge- Braden Clover, Blaise Gunnerson, Jimari Butler.

• Plus1 2
28 minutes ago, Farms said:

It is? By my count we are currently at 8 and 4.  IF you want to Include EDGE, that would put as at 8 and 7, currently. 

QB- Cooper Hausmann, Chubba Purdy, Mikey Pauley, Logan Smothers, Jarrett Synek, Heinrich Haarberg, Richard Torres, Casey Thompson.

You said at "DL we literally have nobody, not even walk-ons".  We have three guys who were regularly in the rotation last year - Robinson, Hutmacher and Wynn.

We are over-stocked at QB but throwing three walk-on QBs in there is kind of misleading.  We have six scholarship QBs, or will when Sims gets here.  Though two of them are out for most if not all of the spring.  I'm not sure where all the defenders will shake out position-wise in the new scheme but it seems safe to say that we'll have at least six DLs when Jeudy gets here - Robinson, Hutmacher, Wynn, Buckley, Jeudy and Gunnerson.  Then probably Wallin coming from JUCO plus 3-4 more high schoolers on the way.  So it's kind of misleading.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Farms said:

Several the qbs are walk-ons.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

You said at "DL we literally have nobody, not even walk-ons".  We have three guys who were regularly in the rotation last year - Robinson, Hutmacher and Wynn.

We are over-stocked at QB but throwing three walk-on QBs in there is kind of misleading.  We have six scholarship QBs, or will when Sims gets here.  Though two of them are out for most if not all of the spring.  I'm not sure where all the defenders will shake out position-wise in the new scheme but it seems safe to say that we'll have at least six DLs when Jeudy gets here - Robinson, Hutmacher, Wynn, Buckley, Jeudy and Gunnerson.  Then probably Wallin coming from JUCO plus 3-4 more high schoolers on the way.  So it's kind of misleading.

That was in response to this "We are razor thin at the front 7 on D.  If we don't bring in a few guys we're at the point of not having enough numbers to get through spring practice if there are a few injuries." 3-4 guys for DL is not enough in any world and IIRC Van Poppell and Carroll-Jackson won't be here in the spring. I also though Buckley entered the portal so that was my mistake.  I don't know how throwing in three walk-on QB's is misleading because I also included walk-ons on the DL as well, but there are hardly any.  We literally have more QB's on the roster than DL currently, it's not hyperbole.  Even with the additions for spring, we will still won't have more than DL than QB's.  (For the record, I am saying as things sit currently, I obviously hope/expect it to change.)

27 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Several the qbs are walk-ons.

No s#!t, I also included walk-ons for the DL.  I am referencing bodies, not scholarships.  As it sits now, if 1-2 DL get dinged during spring practice, we literally don't even have the bodies there for multiple units.  Its ridiculous. 

• Plus1 1

Hey, how well does everyone think our offensive line will develop if all the dlinemen are on the two deep and not allowed to participate on the practice squad. Hey Benhardt, I know what your problem is, to get game ready you're going to practice against this 6'0" 180 lb corner we had to put at dline because we don't have bodies. It's going to get you game ready for sure! 

Honestly though, maybe it might help with his stone feet. 

1 hour ago, Farms said:

Buckley/Appleget, + incoming Borders, Caroll-Jackson, Jeudy, Noonan, Umanmielen, Van Poppel, & Kai Wallin. Also unoffically Lenhardt on Jan 3. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Decked said:

Buckley/Appleget, + incoming Borders, Caroll-Jackson, Jeudy, Noonan, Umanmielen, Van Poppel, & Kai Wallin. Also unoffically Lenhardt on Jan 3. 

I am not really concerned about numbers at the EDGE position.  It's the "down or interior" guys whatever you want to call it where we're razor thin.  Van Poppel and Carroll-Jackson won't be here in the spring.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Read all the posts. :facepalm:

Ok so let's clarify one more time... In the spring we will have 

DL- Robinson, Hutmacher, Wynn (maybe), Buckley, Juedy, Herbeck, so again, we (maybe) have 6 guys at a position where you presumably need multiple guys at a time including one guy I've never heard of. Please tell me where I'm incorrect.