Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

7 hours ago, brophog said:

I want Colorado to fail, not because it is Colorado and not because of Deion, but because I don't want to see this become the dominant method for team building. Colorado is the case study on how extreme you can take this method.

That said, this wasn't that bad of a day for Colorado. A couple of these guys may have been contributors but it's mostly the group they expected to leave and Colorado will be very active in the portal this spring.

I want Colorado to fail because of ALL those reasons.

I think they will have another really bad year and Deion will be gone after the season.  I actually think that's what he's planning no matter how the season plays out.

• TBH 1

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I actually think that's what he's planning no matter how the season plays out.

Many have long speculated the same, though some thought it would be for greener pastures.

He does have more talent overall than a year ago, but it's an absolute circus over there at the moment.

WE all think Sanders is a clown and has no idea what he is doing...meanwhile he is making millions and is going to get his two kids drafted and Hunter drafted and probably "rep" them and make even more.

I am starting to think he knows exactly what he is doing.  He even got his buddy Warren a cushy gig with a nice paycheck. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

WE all think Sanders is a clown and has no idea what he is doing...meanwhile he is making millions and is going to get his two kids drafted and Hunter drafted and probably "rep" them and make even more.

I am starting to think he knows exactly what he is doing.  He even got his buddy Warren a cushy gig with a nice paycheck. 

He is a better agent than he is a head coach. 

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 2

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

I am starting to think he knows exactly what he is doing.

Even by that logic, naw man. :D

If Deion was smart, he'd leverage a year or two of quality play at Colorado for a real school, in a real conference, where you get paid real money, but he aint doing that because he'd rather sit at home acting like he's playing fantasy football instead of being a real football coach. He just sitting there buying and selling guys like he don't even know them.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, brophog said:

Even by that logic, naw man. :D

If Deion was smart, he'd leverage a year or two of quality play at Colorado for a real school, in a real conference, where you get paid real money, but he aint doing that because he'd rather sit at home acting like he's playing fantasy football instead of being a real football coach. He just sitting there buying and selling guys like he don't even know them.

You might be right!

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, brophog said:

Unlike most of the ones on Day 1, I think these last two were less expected.

The TE, RB, & one of their OL transfers are the only ones who were potentially gonna play if I’m being honest. And even then I think all 3 were backups. 

58 minutes ago, Decked said:

The TE, RB, & one of their OL transfers are the only ones who were potentially gonna play if I’m being honest. And even then I think all 3 were backups. 

More interesting is that he got so much pub for his great portal class last year and now half of them are leaving after a year.

• TBH 1
10 minutes ago, Mavric said:

More interesting is that he got so much pub for his great portal class last year and now half of them are leaving after a year.

They got a lot of unwanted players. They are not very good in the NIL dept & few are going to go to Colorado over USC, oregon, Michigan, Ohio State, Georgia, Bama, etc. There is a reason teams are not building almost all their roster from the portal. It’s never been done before and it’s hard to amass the talent needed in the portal alone. And their high school classes have been horrible. This was always going to be prime is good by 3 three and he leaves for a SEC school or absolute implosion. Imagine once Travis Hunter & his son leave how bad they will be.