Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

On 4/24/2024 at 5:12 PM, RedDenver said:

Yep. CU has neither the money nor the desire to fire Deion. He did what they needed most - sold enough tickets to get the athletic dept out of the red. Winning is and was a distant second to that.

Add to that the money he’s saved them in recruiting by….not recruiting. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, brophog said:

I'll tell you what you can't do if all of your players leave via the portal....play a spring game.

Anybody catch any of CU's spring game? I've seen more competitive games at recess.

It was also two hand touch. Probably to prevent two of what we saw yesterday. 

23 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Is Colorado getting any players via the portal? Or does HuskerBoard only report the defections?

I don’t think “Huskerboard” reports on them either way. The defections are just more fun for most of us. If you have some inbounds to report, go for it -_-

• TBH 2
11 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t think “Huskerboard” reports on them either way. The defections are just more fun for most of us. If you have some inbounds to report, go for it -_-

I didn't want to go to the trouble, or alert Google that I was seeking out Deion Sanders content, but I wondered if it was a full scale exodus based on this thread.

Looks like CU is pulling in a few guys with as good or better credentials than the guys leaving. Can't get a read on the depth, though the Buffs appear to be more reactionary than most programs. 

Are we at the point where there can be no second string? If a hotshot recruit discovers someone is ahead of him on the depth chart, does he just say ef-it, I'm outta here? 

• TBH 1
6 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Are we at the point where there can be no second string? If a hotshot recruit discovers someone is ahead of him on the depth chart, does he just say ef-it, I'm outta here? 

Every time the NCAA gets sued the rules get looser and looser. We're almost at the point.....and I'm not joking....we're almost at the point you'll see a team go to the opposing team's locker room at halftime and offer their QB a bag of money.

6 hours ago, brophog said:

Every time the NCAA gets sued the rules get looser and looser. We're almost at the point.....and I'm not joking....we're almost at the point you'll see a team go to the opposing team's locker room at halftime and offer their QB a bag of money.

Haha!

Yeah, the NCAA is basically done at this point.  They had a good run and made a bunch of "good ole boys" a lot of money and messed with college kids lives for a long time.

• Plus1 2

26 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I feel like the team sees Prime once a day for about 10 minutes at the start of practice and 10 minutes at the end of practic

He sits on his phone DM'ing portal guys all day. All he's ever known as a 'coach' is how to use his personal brand to out talent the other team. He has nothing of himself personally invested in most of these guys. They are, by all definition, disposable to him.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, brophog said:

He sits on his phone DM'ing portal guys all day. All he's ever known as a 'coach' is how to use his personal brand to out talent the other team. He has nothing of himself personally invested in most of these guys. They are, by all definition, disposable to him.

It sure seems like it.

• Plus1 2