Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

9 hours ago, Mavric said:

Someone else saying it is not nearly the same thing as him saying it.

It's rediculous to say that there aren't any Texas 6A players succeeding.

He's had about every possible advantage in life.  To try to act like you've overcome some significant odds is pretty self-righteous.

I don't think I looked at it like that, I thought he was just saying that kids from small schools can do well at the D1 level.  

But, I totally see your point.

• Plus1 1

This Sanders stuff is just so funny and I'm surprised (well not surprised that people are so worked up over it). To me, it's pretty obvious what's going on. If Sanders and Hunter get drafted high the story from Deion is, "I told you these boys was special and the NFL don't lie." If they drop, he spins it as, "We wanted to make sure the landed in the right place." I think putting this out a full year in advance is lunacy but hey, we need some clicks before spring ball gets going lol.

1 minute ago, Xmas32 said:

This Sanders stuff is just so funny and I'm surprised (well not surprised that people are so worked up over it). To me, it's pretty obvious what's going on. If Sanders and Hunter get drafted high the story from Deion is, "I told you these boys was special and the NFL don't lie." If they drop, he spins it as, "We wanted to make sure the landed in the right place." I think putting this out a full year in advance is lunacy but hey, we need some clicks before spring ball gets going lol.

I did not think of it like that but it makes sense.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
32 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

That only makes sense if they drop to the back half of the 1st round.  When Shedeur gets taken in the 4th round that logic doesn't fly.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Red Five said:

That only makes sense if they drop to the back half of the 1st round.  When Shedeur gets taken in the 4th round that logic doesn't fly.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with him. I see some big holes in his game but the QB class next year doesn't seem that great and QBs are always overdrafted.

Maybe kinda sorta possibly I can see how being a celebrity could complicate what should be simple home visits to recruits, but I don't get how it offends the nearby recruit you've chosen not to visit because you're not recruiting him. That's just how recruiting works. Does any college coach waste time visiting a recruit he has no intention of recruiting because he doesn't want to hurt the feelings of the player's high school coach?  Regardless of his white hot fame and the jealousy that comes with it?

Bill Walsh was one of the most famous names and faces in NFL football when a he returned to college coaching at Stanford, and he had no issue flying to Wood River, Nebraska to visit Scott Frost and family.  According to Sanders' logic, Walsh should have sent a lackey, because coaches from Grand Island to Ainsworth would have been pestering Bill to come see their kid and have a photo op. 

• 2 weeks later...

I want Colorado to fail, not because it is Colorado and not because of Deion, but because I don't want to see this become the dominant method for team building. Colorado is the case study on how extreme you can take this method.

That said, this wasn't that bad of a day for Colorado. A couple of these guys may have been contributors but it's mostly the group they expected to leave and Colorado will be very active in the portal this spring.