Michigan and Harbaugh under NCAA investigation

Toe

On 12/30/2023 at 10:03 AM, Mavric said:

GCjVCOxaUAADmUv?format=jpg&name=900x900

Reportedly an Ohio State staffer had access to Maryland's files. Accessed it multiple times, accessing it weekly. Was able to watch their practices and get their signals. Maryland found out as SMU (back in 2022 when SMU was to play Maryland) told them that someone at Ohio State offered them the information. Maryland than notified Day about it. Day said he would handle it and no one knows what happened with the staffer that had access to it, or even who it was that had access.

33 minutes ago, Madcows said:

Reportedly an Ohio State staffer had access to Maryland's files. Accessed it multiple times, accessing it weekly. Was able to watch their practices and get their signals. Maryland found out as SMU (back in 2022 when SMU was to play Maryland) told them that someone at Ohio State offered them the information. Maryland than notified Day about it. Day said he would handle it and no one knows what happened with the staffer that had access to it, or even who it was that had access.

Should we start a Ryan Day under investigation thread?  Maybe obtaining practice film by hacking is not illegal since it's not in person scouting by a coach or staff member. 

4 minutes ago, nic said:

Should we start a Ryan Day under investigation thread?  Maybe obtaining practice film by hacking is not illegal since it's not in person scouting by a coach or staff member. 

I'm pretty sure hacking into any computer system without authorization is illegal....and not just with the NCAA.

I'm fine if both Michigan and OSU are taken down because of this.

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm pretty sure hacking into any computer system without authorization is illegal....and not just with the NCAA.

Illegal with real authorities...it might not be written into the NCAA rules. :sarcasm

On 1/2/2024 at 7:59 AM, BigRedBuster said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39282077/ncaa-president-says-michigan-earned-football-national-title-fair-square

Well it sounds like the NCAA won't be vacating wins. :)

1 hour ago, nic said:

Thanks, but I did not attend UofM.  ;)

That is a bold move posting that picture on a Husker message board. I mean, a shared NC is great and all, but it means a lot less when Michigan was the second-best team that year. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
23 minutes ago, jaws said:

That is a bold move posting that picture on a Husker message board. I mean, a shared NC is great and all, but it means a lot less when Michigan was the second-best team that year. 

Lol. I know. I figure it will get removed. I only put it there because you left off the split championship for upvotes. I saw the banter on the "Michigan Game what did we learn" thread was all about how Nebraska would have kicked Michigan's butt in 97.  I wish the right teams could have played back then. At least Scott Frost got a few shots to try and beat Michigan as a coach.

7 hours ago, jaws said:

Moral of the story. Don't cooperate with the NCAA.

Congrats on your first title since 1948. 

Every school needs to be hiring a team to start stealing signals, filming practices, etc. If the NCAA doesn't care about the integrity of the rules or the game, then neither should anyone else.

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Every school needs to be hiring a team to start stealing signals, filming practices, etc. If the NCAA doesn't care about the integrity of the rules or the game, then neither should anyone else.

Every school has a team (or at least a person) stealing signals, just not ones filming practices/games.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Every school has a team (or at least a person) stealing signals, just not ones filming practices/games.

No, teams have a guy or two watching the sidelines during the game. I'm talking about a dedicated team working on it year-round. Since hacking into computer systems is actually illegal, they'll need to think outside the box: pay players on other teams to give them the signals, playbook, etc.