OG Gibson Pyle

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

17 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Pyle commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• 2 weeks later...

2 minutes ago, Decked said:

Just got selected for the All-American bowl. I believe that used to be called the Army All-American bowl. Good honors for him. Wonder if he gets a little bump. 

I think he certainly should be rated higher then 5.6 on Rivals, maybe bump him up to a 5.8.  I know it's privilege to play and a honor to play in the game but don't know that since they changed the name of it that the criteria to get in is the same or that they hold kids to the same standard of the past.

1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I think he certainly should be rated higher then 5.6 on Rivals, maybe bump him up to a 5.8.  I know it's privilege to play and a honor to play in the game but don't know that since they changed the name of it that the criteria to get in is the same or that they hold kids to the same standard of the past.

There are a few more bowls now. But it is still probably one of the top two. 

• TBH 1
5 hours ago, Decked said:

Just got selected for the All-American bowl. I believe that used to be called the Army All-American bowl. Good honors for him. Wonder if he gets a little bump. 

He got invited bc of his performance at the Top Gun camp.  I never heard of the camp so if he did really well there I wonder if the recruiting sites that ranked him pay attention to that or it has any bearing into his ranking?  Be nice to know if any other of our lineman have been there too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

That doesn't sound like a  3 star guy.

I would guess more often than not the 8th best HS interior OL in Texas is a 3 star, yeah.

Now I do think Pyle is underrated fwiw, and the All-American bowl invite is for sure a point in favor of a higher ranking. But they don't tend to rank a ton of interior guys as 4 and 5 stars anyway, that's all the Tackles - some of whom switch to G/C in college. 8th best at a position in a given state (even one with as much talent as Texas) doesn't scream 4-star in and of itself.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
  • Mavric changed the title to OG Gibson Pyle