NFL 2023

Mavric

Dolphins 2-0! 

Won back-to-back road games. 

West Coast at Chargers. 

East Coast at Belichick/Patriots (night game)

My apologies, but the NFL is blocking everything YouTube.  So here is a link.

It's Halftime, Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel answers questions openly and honestly, and then sprints pass the camera man  :lol: :w00t 

I loved it !!!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVvATOPzlA4

• Fire 1
3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Gonna be 3-0 here shortly.  :hmmph

Fingers crossed lol ! 

C'mon man, you making it sound like it's automatic.  And we both know the NFL doesn't work that way.

I don't follow the Broncos so you will have to tell me why or what you think about Denver.  

Personally, I am loving everything about the Miami Dolphins, and always have, but this feels like a good thing happening for the Fins.  

As for the Broncos, tell me what's up with them?  Why isn't it working just yet?  But also, it is early in the year.

Yall have a great new coach with Sean Peyton.  Yall have a solid reputation for great defense and running game.  Denver is always a tough place to play late in the year with the freezing cold weather and jacked up fans going nuts.

I will say that I always liked Russ when he was with the Seahawks and felt that it was a place that he was meant to be, for a career.  

He isn't as young as he once was, but still seems to play the same game, but only worse with the Broncos (from highlights). 

Meaning, he is a few things...  smart/intelligent, fairly accurate on short passes; a scrambler to buy time; throws the coolest rainbow deep ball..... while waiting for magic to come down and land in his receivers' hands. 

His decision making isn't like it used to be early on in his career. 

He still reverts to playing backyard ball as he always did. 

But nowadays, he plays like he has one foot on the turf, and one foot in quicksand.  

I know there is a rap sheet out on him, and how to play against him (all teams have that on all QBs).  And maybe the league just isn't intimidated playing against him as they once did.  Meaning "Oh crap, we are facing Brady, Big Ben, Aaron Rogers, Russell Wilson...."  

Other than that, I have no idea.  But I do know it is super hard to win in the NFL, and this game "Denver at Miami" can go in any direction.  But I do like how the Dolphins are averaging 36 a game with the leagues best offense and probably the most speed on any team.  Just don't forget that we are also allowing 30+ a game too lol

3 hours ago, admo said:

Fingers crossed lol ! 

C'mon man, you making it sound like it's automatic.  And we both know the NFL doesn't work that way.

I don't follow the Broncos so you will have to tell me why or what you think about Denver.  

Personally, I am loving everything about the Miami Dolphins, and always have, but this feels like a good thing happening for the Fins.  

As for the Broncos, tell me what's up with them?  Why isn't it working just yet?  But also, it is early in the year.

Russell Wilson is terrible.  The Seahawks got the better QB and the higher draft pick out of that deal.  

The offense overall is terrible.  And that was before 3/4 of their WRs got hurt.  And their best RB still isn't all the way back from injury.

Early kick on the East Coast?  No chance.

• Thanks 2
On 9/22/2023 at 10:16 PM, Mavric said:

Russell Wilson is terrible.  The Seahawks got the better QB and the higher draft pick out of that deal.  

The offense overall is terrible.  And that was before 3/4 of their WRs got hurt.  And their best RB still isn't all the way back from injury.

Early kick on the East Coast?  No chance.

You nailed this one.

giphy.gif

I finally hopped on Fins & over 54.5 when it was 21-10. Gifted another 14 points immediately.

15 minutes ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

The crazy thing is, Russ isn't the problem. He's actually playing pretty well. But the defense is absolutely atrocious. VJ should not have been hired in the first place and needs to go, immediately. 

Eh ... he's not the biggest problem.  The defense is historically bad.

But the offense has scored 16 and 13 points in two of their games.  That's not getting it done.  And Russ turned it over twice in the third game - that they lost by 2 after blowing an 18 point lead.

So he's been average at best.  Probably below average.