NFL 2023

Mavric

6 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Did I read on FB that several college football players made more this year in NIL than Purdy did as a starting NFL QB?

That's the story.  And it's likely true.  But I don't think anyone really knows what the college guys are making.  Just speculation on the actual numbers.

• TBH 1

In a season of Broncos highs and lows, that garbage against the Patriots has to be the worst so far. With so much to play for, that team did not perform at all. I get all the heat against Russ, but to me, Sean Payton has been a huge disappointment this season. I know that he inherited most of the players on the team, but his play calling is just mind boggling at times. Ugh, yet another season without a playoff team to continue the drought after the Super Bowl. Bummer. 

1 hour ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

In a season of Broncos highs and lows, that garbage against the Patriots has to be the worst so far. With so much to play for, that team did not perform at all. I get all the heat against Russ, but to me, Sean Payton has been a huge disappointment this season. I know that he inherited most of the players on the team, but his play calling is just mind boggling at times. Ugh, yet another season without a playoff team to continue the drought after the Super Bowl. Bummer. 

What do you mean?  Those were great time outs.  :facepalm:

• Haha 1

At this time of the year I find myself looking at possible Super Bowl game/matchups.  Things are looking a little bit more clearer with the playoff picture, but it's not completed yet.

So here's the rub.  Let's take some possible matchups, but remove them from prior Super Bowl games of the past.  

For example, Dallas vs Miami.  We haven't seen it (although some have a long time ago), but it's been done before.  Kansas City vs 49ers?  Eagles vs Chiefs?  San Fran vs Baltimore?  Seen it.  Seen it.  The Harbaughs.  Miami vs San Fran - a classic.  

That leaves us the following possiblities....

KC vs Detroit

KC vs Dallas

Baltimore vs Phila

Baltimore vs Dallas

Baltimore vs Tampa Bay

Baltimore vs Detroit

Tampa Bay vs Jacksonville

Tampa Bay vs Cleveland

Tampa Bay vs Buffalo

Dallas vs Cleveland

Dallas vs Jacksonville

San Fran vs Cleveland

San Fran vs Jacksonville

San Fran vs Buffalo

Miami vs Detroit

Miami vs Dallas

Miami vs Phila

Phila vs Jacksonville

Phila vs Cleveland

Detroit vs Buffalo

Detroit vs Cleveland

Detroit vs Jacksonville

LA Rams vs KC Chiefs

LA Rams vs Buffalo

LA Rams vs Jacksonville

LA Rams vs Cleveland

LA Rams vs Baltimore

Sorry Colts & Seahawks.  Just dont' think it's so.

What games would you like to see that you haven't, just because it would be interesting?

We've seen

Dallas vs Miami

Dallas vs Buffalo

SF vs KC

SF vs Baltimore

Phila vs Baltimore

Phila vs KC

SF vs Miami

I got Baltimore

I am leaning towards Phila vs Balt Super Bowl

KC Chiefs do not have it this year, which is crazy because I had them in the SB before the season started.  The magic, the cohesion, the luck, the fortitude and willfulness,... it's not their year this year.  They probably address the missing pieces in the off season.  And be back next year year and year after that, etc.

Dallas is good.  But they are really good at home in a dome, climate control facility and turf at home.  On the road, they are average.  Even though they pump up their chest and scream to the sky after every touchdown.  

I love Miami.  Dolphins fan.  But we are a year away, or two.  Or three.

Buffalo looks like the best team to compete against Baltimore.  That would be the best AFC championship matchup.  

Whoever comes out of the dust between SF, Phila, Dal will get in the SB.

Although I do like the Detroit Lions playing from behind or ahead.  The Lions have been a great story the last 2 years and an even better team.

And don't forget about the LA Rams and Stafford.  They have been ballin.  Both of these 2 "underdog" teams will make it very hard for anyone trying to get past them.

And also, it is good to see the Cleveland Browns winning and playing good again.  10-5 !  But we all know it's a great story and not a Super Bowl team. 

So there you have it.  Baltimore, Buffalo, Phila, SF.......  and mix in some Detroit, some KC, and some Dallas.  I mean, it really could be any of these teams that wins it all.  And no one could argue against it.

Going to be a great playoff this year and I cannot wait to see it unfold.  The story will be told, a champion will win, and there will be 2 teams playing great to win it all

• Plus1 1