NFL 2023

Mavric

9 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Here you go buddy, link is timestamped: https://youtu.be/GsMBFqrM2Ls?t=299

Here's him saying Go Big Red last year https://x.com/Buccaneers/status/1570442328916914176?s=20

Here he is talking about his time at Nebraska just a few years ago https://saturdaytradition.com/nebraska-football/nebraska-great-lavonte-david-talks-opportunity-to-play-in-super-bowl-with-fellow-former-huskers-ndamukong-suh-khalil-davis/

He came back and got his degree in 2021.

His relation with Nebraska is fine, and this isn't a slight against Nebraska, but a gesture of gratitude towards every place that has helped him along the way. He's also had his high school repped in starting lineups before.

I don't get why our fanbase is sometimes so determined to look for slights against us. 

I never said it was slight.  I said it could be that's all.  I watched a couple games this year and during his introductions there wasn't a shout out so that's why I said it would have been cool if he did to have 2 guys mentioned Nebraska on a big stage like that where the nation is watching.  No biggie thanks for finding it by the way.

On 1/23/2024 at 4:22 PM, Archy1221 said:

I didn’t realize this stat till I heard it on the radio but Josh only completed 2 passes where then all traveled more than 5 yards downfield.   That’s insane for an nfl game but for Josh in particular.  KC defense was pretty good that second half.  

Another crazy stat for ya…..Mahomes has played the #1 defense in the league 8 times (not counting week 16 games when a game didn’t matter for playoffs) and Mahomes is 8-0 in those games!   Look for it to be a 9-0 run in those games after Sunday.  

You cannot count out Mahomes, never, ever.

Josh Allen droped some deep ball dimes that were not caught by the receivers.  That's not his fault.  Receivers get paid well too, and they call for the ball all the time.  Receivers boast when they catch it.  Receivers lose games when they don't.  And that is facts.  

Baltimore and Lamar Jackson might win this game.  I like him and their team.  I am leaning on this to be a win for them.  But never count Mahomes out.  Ever.

8 hours ago, Madcows said:

It'll be a Sunday, not sure what year, but it won't be in 2024.

Thanks, Yeah the NFL always mess with my mind with game times and schedules during the playoffs.  Games on Saturdays and Sundays for a few weeks.  I was leaning on Sundays for the two games.  

And, I'm just joking about San Francisco losing to Detroit.  The San Francisco 49ers are the leagues best team all year, or at least among the best 2 teams all year.  They are so good, and also playing at home, with their coaching staff being so amazing, there is no earthly way they should lose.  

San Francisco 49ers are easily the favorite to win.  They should win before it's even half time.  I mean, it's San Francisco and CMC, vs the little Detroit Lions who should be so lucky to play them.  :)

12 hours ago, admo said:

Thanks, Yeah the NFL always mess with my mind with game times and schedules during the playoffs.  Games on Saturdays and Sundays for a few weeks.  I was leaning on Sundays for the two games.  

And, I'm just joking about San Francisco losing to Detroit.  The San Francisco 49ers are the leagues best team all year, or at least among the best 2 teams all year.  They are so good, and also playing at home, with their coaching staff being so amazing, there is no earthly way they should lose.  

San Francisco 49ers are easily the favorite to win.  They should win before it's even half time.  I mean, it's San Francisco and CMC, vs the little Detroit Lions who should be so lucky to play them.  :)

It'll be close for at least 3 quarters. Campbell will have this team playing the underlion(dog) card and put up a great fight and won't quit early, and the niners aren't 'explosive' they are maulers and wear you out to create big plays late. They will wear them down and eventually crack a big play but it'll take a while.

Though I did look, Lions/9ers play each other in the regular season next year, so there's still a chance it could be in 2024, especially since the niners will be a vastly differnt team next year due to the cap.

• Plus1 1

The Ravens are looking like clowns right now with the penalties. Announcers keep saying (paraphrasing) the Ravens were saying they wanted Mahomes to think twice about leaving the pocket (ie by hitting him hard). So they are doing that, but keep getting penalized for it and keep the Chiefs on the field. And why they think that would work on Mahomes anyway is behind me. Did they watch the playoffs at all last year? He basically had one leg.