Nexus

WR Patrick Onwuasor

Enjoyed the video ... thanks for posting.

Reminded me of the Dorian-Beckman recruit from Hillcrest, MO. Much to be excited about here. I like the size and frame ... I think he would be a good possession receiver in college as well as spread the field. I'm curious to see how his speed holds up. Doesnt' seem to have a big burst for seperation for the college level but obviously schooled much at this level. He would have a frame to be a good blocker as well, should he have the heart and desire to become a complete WR.

SheepdogMark

I wonder if college coaches and recruiting analysts ever get tired of listening to all the rap/thug music that gets mixed into these highlight reels. When I build a presentation, I build it to the audience. These things should be full of country music or 80's rock. Bo needs him some banjo. :) At least throw some AC/DC in there Onwu!

Man after watching those highlights I only want this guy to a Husker even more. He's big, tall and got some hands - the main qualities Nebraska should be looking at for WRs. I honestly don't care if we get super speed WRs if they can't catch the ball (cough cough Niles). This guy looks perfect both for setting up blocks and for giving Martinez the possibility to just lob the ball anywhere in his general direction.

Arizona is our main competition for PO. They got his last visit, we shall see what he does.

His highlights looked great, but then again...they are HIGHLIGHTS. I love the fact that he is a playmaker no matter where he is. And his frame does look great. I agree with Sheepdog about his speed but I am also concerned about his route running, he either runs a fade route or a stop route...not a whole lot of variety there.

Thats pretty much what Sean Callahan said last night on Big Red Wrap up. Staffords visit will solidify him, and he might make it in December.

Onwasour was scheduled to take his official visit to Arizona last weekend. It has been reported that Nebraska and Arizona are his 2 leaders. But with Washington recently offering Onwasour...his recruitment could drag out a little longer.

There have not been any free teasers on Rivals or Scout as to what Onwasour thought about his visit. Usually if a kid loves it, he rates it pretty quickly and has a lot to say.

As of right now he has no other officials scheduled and it had been reported that he would announce his decision after his arizona visit. Will he commit soon? Or is the washington offer going to delay it?

Onwasour was scheduled to take his official visit to Arizona last weekend. It has been reported that Nebraska and Arizona are his 2 leaders. But with Washington recently offering Onwasour...his recruitment could drag out a little longer.

There have not been any free teasers on Rivals or Scout as to what Onwasour thought about his visit. Usually if a kid loves it, he rates it pretty quickly and has a lot to say.

As of right now he has no other officials scheduled and it had been reported that he would announce his decision after his arizona visit. Will he commit soon? Or is the washington offer going to delay it?

The fact that he said he will announce his decision after his Arizona visit is a good thing, I think. Wouldn't that mean that he really liked Nebraska and is waiting till after this visit just to make sure?

The fact that he said he will announce his decision after his Arizona visit is a good thing, I think. Wouldn't that mean that he really liked Nebraska and is waiting till after this visit just to make sure?

It could mean that... but Charles Jackson said he would announce his decision after his Nebraska visit and he chose Nebraska over Arkansas who he had given a perfect score and who "blew him away". Anything can happen... Onwasour did say that his Nebraska visit had put Nebraska on top for him though.

It could mean that... but Charles Jackson said he would announce his decision after his Nebraska visit and he chose Nebraska over Arkansas who he had given a perfect score and who "blew him away". Anything can happen... Onwasour did say that his Nebraska visit had put Nebraska on top for him though.

The truth is that these are all high school kids and we wont really know for sure anything until that LoI gets signed.

The truth is that these are all high school kids and we wont really know for sure anything until that LoI gets signed.

We won't really know anything for sure until they show up on campus! Braylon Heard and Chase Harper signed their LOI's last year.

We won't really know anything for sure until they show up on campus! Braylon Heard and Chase Harper signed their LOI's last year.

I would doubt Arizona;s visit could top his trip to Neb or "blow him away." Maybe if he gets to spend the entire time with the time and their co-eds...

Arizona doesn't even have an indoor practice facility (not that they'd need it). Football is second tier there.

I would doubt Arizona;s visit could top his trip to Neb or "blow him away." Maybe if he gets to spend the entire time with the time and their co-eds...

Arizona doesn't even have an indoor practice facility (not that they'd need it). Football is second tier there.

Precisely!! And if you watched their game vs USC last week, they were only down 3 and their fans vacated their stadium with 3 minutes left in the game. The stadium was pretty much empty with 1/4 of the 4th quarter left in a big game. Zona shmona...blah blah blah. I like Stoops though. Classy man.

Nebraska visit still stands out to Onwuasor, as of now he has taken 2 visits (Nebraska & Arizona) he says he is going to take 3 more and will decide. To be determined which 3 schools will get the visits.

Our Holiday Bowl opponent is after our recruits. UW is recruiting PO hard. I gotta believe he will be at the Holiday Bowl to check NU and UW out. Let's make a good impression! :)

I am really confused on this one.... i would like us to get a guy like this

but you know why a guy would want to come here and just block or never get the ball....

we always hope one of these guys can become "the man" as its been a while since we've had one.....

Yep, its gonna be hard to get any decent wrs here if we don't show we will and can use them with better consistency. We really need a balanced offense. I've said many times I want a pro style running attack balanced with the passing game with plenty of play action. Fingers crossed.

Yep, its gonna be hard to get any decent wrs here if we don't show we will and can use them with better consistency. We really need a balanced offense. I've said many times I want a pro style running attack balanced with the passing game with plenty of play action. Fingers crossed.

We had a pro style attack, and everyone complained about it. If Oregon can get WR's, we can. They run the ball a lot more than we do

We had a pro style attack, and everyone complained about it. If Oregon can get WR's, we can. They run the ball a lot more than we do

When did we have a pro style attack....we had the WCO.

Walsh's west coast offense isn't a pro style of offense?

Walsh's west coast offense isn't a pro style of offense?

I misunderstood the post. I thought he meant pro-set.....my mistake.

Signed with Arizona

Bummed to miss on this kid ... but never would have thought he'd go to Arizona over ASU or Miami.

Guess you never know.

SheepdogMark