Favorite Nebraska Football Helmet Style

Favorite Nebraska Football Helmet Style  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After reading this article http://huskerextra.c...18c5899fcb.html I had an idea for two poll questions for all of you.

Since we are still a little over 2 months away from the start of the season I thought this would be a good way to kill some more time, and a fun poll to see where all of you Cornhusker fans stand on these two particular questions:

1) If given the choice, what is your favorite style of helmet that Nebraska has worn?

2) Which style of helmet do you want to see Nebraska wear in the upcoming 2012 season?

***Note***

Currently Riddell provides the helmets for Nebraska

Here are your choices:

A) Old-school Schutt Nebraska helmet

unl-cornhuskers-authentic.jpg

B) New Schutt XP Nebraska helmet

808142639.jpg?maxwidth=300&maxheight=300

C) Riddell Revolution Speed Nebraska helmet

41lPtlv0rGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

D) Schutt ION helmet

Nebraska+full-size+Schutt+ION+4D+side+view.JPG

E) Other....feel free to include your own choice.

I went back and forth between the New Schutt and the Riddell, I think they're both fine. I guess whatever is the most comfortable for the players is the main thing. And that Schutt ION looks like something out of Star Wars, which I can't say translates as a good thing for a football helmet.

The old school Schutt is what I always think of when I think about the guys from the 90's, so it's kind of iconic to me. But I can't choose on the first question because I really like the look of the Revo Speeds and hope we stick with that family, unless a player wants something else I guess (I know Helu wore a Schutt DNA).

When I was a kid I always wanted to wear a Schutt but when I started playing football I found that they were actually pretty uncomfortable for me, so I always wore Riddell. Junior/Senior year in high school we started getting in these new generation helmets like the first Riddell Revolution. I never wore one for a season but man the difference in weight was pretty astonishing it was like you were hardly wearing anything.

As for my favorite helmet, I grew up watching Nebraska during the late 80's early 90's so I love the old school Schutt helmets. The new Riddell Revolution Speed helmets that we are wearing now are ok, but as far as looks go I would really hope we would switch back to the new Schutt helmets someday. They just look more like a normal football helmet to me.

With that being said, whichever helmet the Athletic Department thinks protects our athletes the best will be just fine with me. When you put it all together the most important thing is how we compete week in and week out, and how many W's are in the win-loss column at the end of the season.

Ok....back to the poll.....what say the rest of you?

• Fire 1

As for my favorite helmet, I grew up watching Nebraska during the late 80's early 90's so I love the old school Schutt helmets. The new Riddell Revolution Speed helmets that we are wearing now are ok, but as far as looks go I would really hope we would switch back to the new Schutt helmets someday. They just look more like a normal football helmet to me.

With that being said, whichever helmet the Athletic Department thinks protects our athletes the best will be just fine with me. When you put it all together the most important thing is how we compete week in and week out, and how many W's are in the win-loss column at the end of the season.

Ok....back to the poll.....what say the rest of you?

this x10 the last thing we need is the players getting head injuries