(2013) C/PF Akoy Agau [Georgetown Commit]

I'm not overly confident he comes here, but I'm also very confident we can have success without him ! Smiles seems to be putting together an uptempo perimeter oriented team. You only need a defensive minded, rebound gobbling lane clogger in the middle! Anthony Davis type only bulkier. Someone that doesn't need the ball or plays ran for him every time down the court in order to get 12-15 pts. So long as he gets 10-12 rebounds and 3-4 blocks a game.

I'm not overly confident he comes here, but I'm also very confident we can have success without him ! Smiles seems to be putting together an uptempo perimeter oriented team. You only need a defensive minded, rebound gobbling lane clogger in the middle! Anthony Davis type only bulkier. Someone that doesn't need the ball or plays ran for him every time down the court in order to get 12-15 pts. So long as he gets 10-12 rebounds and 3-4 blocks a game.

Except for the "bulk", it sounds as if you are describing Akoy..........

Except for the "bulk", it sounds as if you are describing Akoy..........

Yep, this is Akoy's exact skill set. He is much more of a Davis skill set than a Sullinger skill set. Not saying he is as good as either though.

• 2 weeks later...

Will be taking an official to Louisville this weekend. Still has G'town as his leader. Our chances are looking pretty slim at the moment.

Have they ever looked better than slim?

I would say when we got Biggs it was decent at best. But what I meant was right now it is slim, but it could always change going further, however small of a chance that may be.

Jim Calhoun leaving definitley doesnt hurt. You can check UCONN off his list, no way he will play for a team who is unelgible for the tourney, and is getting a new coach.

Jim Calhoun leaving definitley doesnt hurt. You can check UCONN off his list, no way he will play for a team who is unelgible for the tourney, and is getting a new coach.

I agree that it helps us that Calhoun is retiring, however the no post season thing doesn't matter because it is only for this year. They will be eligible next year when Akoy would start playing.

Akoy continually makes reference on his Twitter that he is going to be the most hated man in Nebraska if/when he chooses to go to another college.

I agree that it helps us that Calhoun is retiring, however the no post season thing doesn't matter because it is only for this year. They will be eligible next year when Akoy would start playing.

Akoy continually makes reference on his Twitter that he is going to be the most hated man in Nebraska if/when he chooses to go to another college.

then his ass better stay here