Fact is: "NU might be good at football"...Truth is: "NCAA quit playing football"

funhusker

Should have told the Penn. St kid to quit chasing Ameer since the refs interpretation was that he had no chance to make a tackle.

This. This. This. This.

He is still trying to make a football play. Probably because there is a good chance we could fumble the ball. The block is also a football play trying to stop him from recovering the possible fumble. Come on refs. Holy balls

Good point on the fumble recovery. If a player does not want to get blocked, then they should take a knee.

Let me just add to this that I was thinking the same thing, if something had happened that Penn State guy would have been only been a few steps back to make a play. As I understand what the ref said: The block was legal, just unnecessary, by that logic I assume that every other player behind Ameer engaged in a block was also breaking the rule. What I saw was a ref make a seemingly unjustified decision to pull six points off the board.

I was thankful last year when they made the same call on Sparty on an interception return that saved us the game, so why should ai be upset that they called it against us today.

Yeah, not even close to the same call.

not to mention that you can be thankful for a bad call that helps your team. i am sure psu fans were thankful. that does not mean it was not a bad call.

I thought it was a ridiculous call against Sparty, but at the time Sparty still had the game in hand; then they chocked under the pressure of the Big Red Comeback. The PSU call was worse, because it was a time that had a major impact on won wins the game.

Bo absolutely laid into the refs, and they completely deserved it this time. Sam Burtch's block was completely legal in terms of how he hit the defender, and though I didn't get to hear the ref's rationale, it sounds like they penalized Burtch for an unnecessary roughness block because the defender was behind Abdullah.

From my point of view, if a defender is trying to make a football play (as he was in this case) then he is open to what Burtch did to him. 99/100 times I don't think that penalty is called. I also didn't see anybody false start on Nebraska's field goal.

Just terrible officiating and we're fortunate they didn't cost us the game. Perhaps it was a PSU alum on the ref squad.

If a defender does not want to be blocked they should take a knee or step out of bounds. Anyone pursuing the ball carrier is fair game.