Fact is: "NU might be good at football"...Truth is: "NCAA quit playing football"

funhusker

i just miss the days when penalties made sense. when they served a purpose. now it is to penalize anything the refs think is too much or unnecessary, or something.

I was against the targeting rule because of this. An abundance of judgement calls leads to an abundance of questionable calls. I like bowling. The refs never make a bad call.

Foot is over the line! FOOT IS OVER THE LINE! That is a scratch!

Where do you bowl? My bowling center has lights at the line :)

i just miss the days when penalties made sense. when they served a purpose. now it is to penalize anything the refs think is too much or unnecessary, or something.

I was against the targeting rule because of this. An abundance of judgement calls leads to an abundance of questionable calls. I like bowling. The refs never make a bad call.

Foot is over the line! FOOT IS OVER THE LINE! That is a scratch!

f5d74310c80a6085a3152eb5b050d53d4861368d99a2e5654d4ca736f3f566b8.jpg

• Fire 3

Should have told the Penn. St kid to quit chasing Ameer since the refs interpretation was that he had no chance to make a tackle.

This. This. This. This.

He is still trying to make a football play. Probably because there is a good chance we could fumble the ball. The block is also a football play trying to stop him from recovering the possible fumble. Come on refs. Holy balls

Should have told the Penn. St kid to quit chasing Ameer since the refs interpretation was that he had no chance to make a tackle.

This. This. This. This.

He is still trying to make a football play. Probably because there is a good chance we could fumble the ball. The block is also a football play trying to stop him from recovering the possible fumble. Come on refs. Holy balls

Good point on the fumble recovery. If a player does not want to get blocked, then they should take a knee.

• Fire 1

Putting myself in the refs shoes; I probably wouldn't have made that call.

Putting myself in Burtch's shoes; I probably wouldn't have made that, uh, block.

I'd make that block. The defender was 4 yards behind Abdullah, and Abdullah was still 10 yards from the end zone. The defender could easily have dove at his ankles and made the tackle. Hell yes, I'd make that block.

• Fire 1

There is something refs just don't like about Huskers players doing that time of block. Burtch was channeling Kenny Bell from the CCG last year. Though I think the penalties were different. Anyone remember?

Kenny Bell left his feet, and the hit was much harder. Someone on this board had an animated gif as a signature for a long time.

I know Bell's hit was harder, but that wasn't really the point I was trying to make. Just wanted to compare the penalties.

There is something refs just don't like about Huskers players doing that time of block. Burtch was channeling Kenny Bell from the CCG last year. Though I think the penalties were different. Anyone remember?

Kenny Bell left his feet, and the hit was much harder. Someone on this board had an animated gif as a signature for a long time.

I know Bell's hit was harder, but that wasn't really the point I was trying to make. Just wanted to compare the penalties.

Ah, you mean personal foul vs targeting etc. I don't recall.

"IF" you agree that Kenny Bell's block in the B1G Championship game was a foul, this was the correct way to do it right??? Softly with no "taunting".....

I am glad it is not an issue, as far as the win. As far as college football, in a "blue collar" league, I am deeply concerned. If the Big Ten needs to succumb to the finesse football world in cold weather, we lose our "tough guy" moniker, if it exists...

"IF" you agree that Kenny Bell's block in the B1G Championship game was a foul, this was the correct way to do it right??? Softly with no "taunting".....

I am glad it is not an issue, as far as the win. As far as college football, in a "blue collar" league, I am deeply concerned. If the Big Ten needs to succumb to the finesse football world in cold weather, we lose our "tough guy" moniker, if it exists...

I am sure happy that CFB has overtime now. I tie would have been a terrible way to end this game.

Horrible call, I could have tolerated it betterr if the ref just mistakenly thought it was a clip and called that. Calling the personal foul when the hit wasn't hard, wasn't high, and within four yards of the runner was just insane. I would love to hear his rationale for that.

Refs were garbage in general for us. There was a buttload of holding by PSU that was worse than what Sterup did at the end of the game. Did anyone see us jump on that first fieldgoal attempt in OT? I didn't, commentators didn't either.

Is Bo's reputation with the refs hurting us? He actually seems pretty decent with them now but we seem to consistently be on the crap end of the calls this season.