Game Review
24NebraskavsWisconsin59
November 15, 2014 | 2:30 PM | ABC
Game Preview
Nebraskavs.Minnesota
A warm welcome to our visiting Golden Gophers fans!
November 22, 2014 | 11:00 AM | ESPN
- - - - -

Kiffen to Bama as OC?

• You cannot reply to this topic
35 replies to this topic

#1 skersfan

The Bobfather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,861 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

I heard the tail end of conversation about Kiffen going to Bama on the Finebaum show. Did anyone hear the whole thing. Finebaum actually said it was a good idea. Normally Paul has nothing but disgust for Kiffen.

Mods please to move to Rumorville, posted in the wrong place, sorry.

#2 1995 Redux

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,559 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

It was so Kiffin could evaluate the offense. Dont think he was offered a spot but this could be an interview of sorts. Boy, if the Volsfanbase didnt want to kill him before....

#3 Foppa

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,241 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

Kiffin needs to go coach in Siberia. Or CU.
"I don't apologize for what I've done, I don't apologize to you, I don't apologize to anybody." Bo Pelini 11-29-2013
"I apologize for reacting emotionally yesterday and for showing frustration both with the game officials and the media." Bo Pelini 11-30-2013

#4 skersfan

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,861 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

OK, that makes sense. Another set of eyes was mentioned, but I just heard a little bit of it.

#5 C N Red

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

Great Husker football news!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted Image
"One School leaving a conference does not break up a conference. Two schools leaving a conference does not break up a conference. Six schools leaving a conference breaks up a conference." T.O. 6/11/2010
Posted Image Posted Image

The only good Badger is a dead Bucky. - C N Red
The only good Pony is a dead Pony! - C N Red

#6 Creighton Duke

All American

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

I assume it was for Monte. He is pretty good at making offenses look GREAT.

a.gif
"I think faking a punt by running a 4th string walk-on lineman pretty much sums up today's decision making from the coaches." - The Dude at 7:42PM, 9-14-2013 (following the 41-21 debacle against UCLA).

#7 1995 Redux

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,559 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

Kiffin needs to go coach in Siberia. Or CU.

I hear Texas is hiring....

#8 1995 Redux

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,559 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

I assume it was for Monte. He is pretty good at making offenses look GREAT.

Im pretty sure it was Lane but Monte probably tagged along, ie did the actual evaluating.

#9 skersfan

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,861 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

Yea, some great comment there CN. Try reading, I posted in the wrong place.

Coaching changes do affect Nebraska in the long run, the fact that Saben thinks he might improve his offense by another coach looking at says a lot. Always learning.

#10 1995 Redux

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,559 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

What are the chances we could land Monte if Eichorst forced Bo to NOT promote within should Beck be lured away.

#11 clyde40

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

Personally I wouldn't want an established DC like Monte Kiffin running the offense.

#12 1995 Redux

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,559 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

Personally I wouldn't want an established DC like Monte Kiffin running the offense.

Still have more experience than Timmy. I dont think anyones gonna call up Paps this offseason about a HC gig. Id just really like to see an experienced coordinator come in even in a ceremonial sense. Just imagine Monte and Bo bouncing defensive schemes off eachother.

#13 Ziebol the Red

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:30 PM

That S.O.B gets the luckiest breaks I have ever seen, it honestly wouldn't totally shock me if his name was brought up for the Texass job. He's got luck tattooed to his ass.
Posted Image

#14 southernoregonhusker

Backup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

Monte couldn't stop the spread offense at USC. He ran back to the pros full speed.

#15 walksalone

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,981 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

That S.O.B gets the luckiest breaks I have ever seen, it honestly wouldn't totally shock me if his name was brought up for the Texass job. He's got luck tattooed in his ass.

FIFY

I shall fear no evil, for the shadow is mine, and so is the valley...

91e743ec-27f5-47cf-a036-7ccd145c5326_zps0000406_war-stories-and-free-beer_160.pnphoto_zpsa3cd0d9b.jpg

#FireTimBeck

#16 CockInYourEar

Travel Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

Sure, Kiffen was a poison everywhere he went, even So Cal twice, so why not Bama. Saban's probably just doing this so he can fire him.

#17 NUance

Legend

• Members
  • 16,705 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:59 AM

What are the chances we could land Monte if Eichorst forced Bo to NOT promote within should Beck be lured away.

This doesn't make sense. Monte for OC? Maybe DC, but not offense. Or if you meant Lane, well it makes even less sense. :lol:
Just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then the winter came. And the grasshopper died. And the octopus ate all his acorns. Also he got a race car. Is any of this getting through to you?

I donated for Childhood Apraxia.
Posted Image

#18 1995 Redux

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,559 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

F no not Lane! I just think Monte could at least instill some knowledge on either side. Beck isnt god awful but he makes some poor choices that a seasoned guy like Monte could help him correct.

#19 1995 Redux

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,559 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

Maybe coordinator isnt the right title in this sense but I doubt he would like to be called an assistant to a couple of 3rd year coordinators. He likely wouldnt come here period but even if he could sit down with Papsmear to help him work out kinks, it would be worth it

#20 kchusker_chris

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,891 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

Almost 90% win percentage when OC at USC, averaging almost 600 yards and 50 points a game. Yeah he's a crappy OC. More Huskerboard hate. Everyone get's promoted 1 spot too many. Kiffin is a prime example, Bo is probably another.

#21 1995 Redux

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,559 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

Almost 90% win percentage when OC at USC, averaging almost 600 yards and 50 points a game. Yeah he's a crappy OC. More Huskerboard hate. Everyone get's promoted 1 spot too many. Kiffin is a prime example, Bo is probably another.

You dont think Lane was in over his head? He struggled everywhere hes been HC. GOOD coordinator, bad head man.

#22 StPaulHusker

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,083 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

You dont think Lane was in over his head? He struggled everywhere hes been HC. GOOD coordinator, bad head man.

I think that is exactly what kchusker is saying

c7U8vFB.png                                            

#23 1995 Redux

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,559 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:06 PM

I think that is exactly what kchusker is saying

Guess I read it wrong at the end, the Bo hate usually throws me off.

#24 skersfan

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,861 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

Hired as bama OC. Saben says they need to adjust, look at all avenues. Lost two games, time for an overhaul. Man is pretty amazing. He is actually working on winning every second it seems. Have no idea how it will work out, but Kiffen is a good OC and developed some good QB's at SC.

#25 Judoka

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

Hired as bama OC. Saben says they need to adjust, look at all avenues. Lost two games, time for an overhaul. Man is pretty amazing. He is actually working on winning every second it seems. Have no idea how it will work out, but Kiffen is a good OC and developed some good QB's at SC.

I thought it was odd that Saban went and got a new OC, since his defense was suspect all season.

#26 Count 'Bility

Legend

• Members
  • 12,183 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:16 PM

I thought it was odd that Saban went and got a new OC, since his defense was suspect all season.

Went Tom Osborne's offenses were getting shut down in bowl games by the Florida teams in the late 80's and early 90's, it was his defense that got a total makeover.

Saban spoke of this on the set at the NC game. Said some things about reevaluating the program and how you do things. College football is a constant game of evolve and revolve.
Posted Image

#27 BIGREDFAN_in_OMAHA

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,666 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

With Kiffin now on the staff the over/under for Bama going on probation? 5 years?

#28 Count 'Bility

Legend

• Members
  • 12,183 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

With Kiffin now on the staff the over/under for Bama going on probation? 5 years?

Silly boy. SEC teams dont go on probation.
Posted Image

#29 Comish

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,103 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

Losing a multi-year veteran as QB, now's the time.

Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you're being had."
       -- Michael Crichton

#30 skersfan

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,861 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

They want to be more on the spread offense side was the story, but Kiffen is more Pro style it seems to me. You would have thought the world was ending today. Finebaum knows how to stir up the Bama fans for sure. They lost on a lucky play, and according to Saben were not ready to play in the Sugar Bowl. Attitude, we play for MNC's over ran the program. Sugar is beneath us mind game. After Utah spanked them you would think that would have been cured. Finebaum was not nice about it ether, said Saben robbed them for 2 million bucks and then a rotten carp on the grill at the Sugar bowl. It was hilarious!!!

I would imagine Kiffen will be on a very short leash as to comments to the media.

#31 Count 'Bility

Legend

• Members
  • 12,183 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

They want to be more on the spread offense side was the story, but Kiffen is more Pro style it seems to me. You would have thought the world was ending today. Finebaum knows how to stir up the Bama fans for sure. They lost on a lucky play, and according to Saben were not ready to play in the Sugar Bowl. Attitude, we play for MNC's over ran the program. Sugar is beneath us mind game. After Utah spanked them you would think that would have been cured. Finebaum was not nice about it ether, said Saben robbed them for 2 million bucks and then a rotten carp on the grill at the Sugar bowl. It was hilarious!!!

I would imagine Kiffen will be on a very short leash as to comments to the media.

Yep Yep Yep. Been there done that, eh? Their 2003-2007 is right around the corner. Excessive success breeds complacency and insatiable expectations. It's a deadly combination.
Posted Image

#32 kchusker_chris

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,891 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

Kiffen = Kiffin
Saben = Saban

#33 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 14,366 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

Kiffen = Kiffin
Saben = Saban

Finkle = Einhorn

167v9yp.jpg50330l.jpg1410a2x.jpg

#34 StPaulHusker

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,083 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:26 PM

Kiffen = Kiffin
Saben = Saban

Finkle = Einhorn

Posted Image

c7U8vFB.png                                            

#35 skersfan

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,861 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

Guess I have been miss spelling Pellllini to.

Sorry. As many errors as I make, not to concerned about it.

#36 kchusker_chris

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,891 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

Guess I have been miss spelling Pellllini to.

touche

(and it's "misspelling" - and "too")

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users