Mike Riley's Staff

The only way this hire makes any sense is if there is a super staff surrounding him. If its just a so-so staff, with a so-so coach, our on the field product will be so-so. Im very nervous.

You make a good point, the staff is just as much if not more important than the head coach that surrounds him. Good CEO surrounded by GREAT assistants equals a big f-ing deal!

Isn't that what the majority of the people wanted?

RT @FootballScoop: Per very close source, there has been no contact between Mike Riley and Ed Orgeron http://FootballScoop.com/the-scoop

Is their source the Lemming tweet mentioning where he directly talked to Orgeron? Football Scoop seems like a bunch of twits.

om Lemming ‏@LemmingReport - I just talked to Coach Orgeron he would be very interested in a Job at Nebraska has yet to hear from Coach Riley and he has heard the rumors

The only way this hire makes any sense is if there is a super staff surrounding him. If its just a so-so staff, with a so-so coach, our on the field product will be so-so. Im very nervous.

I wonder what coach we would've been OK with a so-so staff?

My concern is Riley's ability to put together a good staff. I dont think anyone would doubt someone like Tressel or other PROVEN commodities would have enough pull to bring in a solid staff. My major concern is Riley's ability.

My concern is Riley's ability to put together a good staff. I dont think anyone would doubt someone like Tressel or other PROVEN commodities would have enough pull to bring in a solid staff. My major concern is Riley's ability.

He'll be able to bring in a solid staff because the money will be there. And a successful DC at Nebraska will get looks at head coaching jobs. Enough said.

• Fire 1

Has he had the means to do so in the past? If he can find hidden gems for the field, it's reasonable to say that he could find them for the sidelines as well...or know enough to see a proven commodity when it's right in front of him..

I have a hunch that Riley, 61, isn't coming alone. Frost may be our next hire as OC. I say this because it just feels like TO had his 2 cents in this decision (final). Riley. Frost. Orgeron.

Maybe making a "dream-staff" at some lengths.

Riley gets introduced during the Creighton game Sunday, and he doesn't come alone. "Let me introduce you to my OC, former Husker Scott Frost.

A guy can hope.

• Fire 1

I have a hunch that Riley, 61, isn't coming alone. Frost may be our next hire as OC. I say this because it just feels like TO had his 2 cents in this decision (final). Riley. Frost. Orgeron.

Maybe making a "dream-staff" at some lengths.

Riley gets introduced during the Creighton game Sunday, and he doesn't come alone. "Let me introduce you to my OC, former Husker Scott Frost.

A guy can hope.

Neither of these are happening BTW. I hope i eat crow.

Keep Kaz and Warren maybe..the rest can go. I really like Brown, but this might be his last hurra?? Not impressed whatsoever with the lack of O line development under Cotton/Garrison over the years. I would take Frost as OC in a heartbeat...frankly, I think he will be a HC sooner rather than later and I would love to see a blend of Husker power (back in the day) and the current Oregon offense...rather have that at DONU than at some other school!