Mike Riley's Staff

I think we could keep Garrison and Kaz (If he is over whatever happened with him) Brown would be good too maybe Rb's and Returners he has a way of getting kids to buy in and believe. We really need a Great LB's and db's coach. Frost would be a great OC obviously but I think Riley is probably competent enough to bring in someone great there as well.

Can any take a shot at explaining the 'keep Kaz' stuff?

NFL caliber talent with NAIA control of line of scrimmage.

Kaz teaches sound technique. Problem was (just my opinion) the 2-gap/line control requirement of Pelini's scheme. Without complete world beater DTs & DEs, it was a losing proposition. A lot of blogs if you search google that outline it

I would think keeping at least a couple guys would go a long ways towards easing the currently players minds.

Smoother transition is good for everyone. Especially Warren who is as tied to Pelini (in terms of how long he's been here).

How valuable is a smooth transition? At what cost, I mean? We tired that with Watson and it could be argued it set us back overall.

FYI - if Frost were to come as an OC. Talk about a major case of 2nd string QB syndrome. Riley loses a game, and the catcalls will immediately come out that we need to fire him and promote SF. I'm thinking he is a bit smarter than that, and won't bring that into his staff

• Fire 1

Orgeron says he would be interested. Let's make it happen

What does he bring to the table?

Easily a top 5 recruiter in the entire country. Will bring in 4-5 star talent consistently

I swear I've seen this somewhere before.

As for Frost, apparently one of the radio stations in Lincoln has said that Scott is extremely disappointed and would not be part of this staff. Not sure if true.

Orgeron says he would be interested. Let's make it happen

What does he bring to the table?
Easily a top 5 recruiter in the entire country. Will bring in 4-5 star talent consistently
I swear I've seen this somewhere before.

As for Frost, apparently one of the radio stations in Lincoln has said that Scott is extremely disappointed and would not be part of this staff. Not sure if true.

The last recruiter at NU that had the recruiting ability of Orgeron is John Blake.

Banker looks like he might be Riley's "Cosgrove"... he's comfortable enough with his efforts to keep him along all these years. Looking back at points given up by OSU, I not so comfortable. And why would Ed O. come work under someone he thought he was better than? Ed as DC might keep Kaz around and salvage some of this recruiting class who seem to really dig what he's selling.

Let Frost go... As others have said, why would Riley want to deal with having someone around who will be more than eager to take advantage of any stumbles and would have the connections inside the program to self-promote or back-stab him? Would love to see RB stay.. If DONU has any soul left at all it's riding around in Ron Brown. Fisher would be a good keep if for no other reason than again, to salvage bits of the recruiting class.

I guess it's the fear of losing out on a year of recruiting again that scares me most.