This was interesting...about the bowl bonuses

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — Nebraska will play in a bowl with a 5-7 record if invited to one, but coach Mike Riley and his assistants won't receive bowl bonuses.

Senior associate athletic director David Witty confirmed Monday night that athletic director Shawn Eichorst met with Riley and decided not to pay bowl bonuses outlined in the coaches' contracts. The Omaha World-Herald first reported the decision.

Riley's contract calls for him to be paid a $150,000 bonus if in a bowl outside the College Football Playoff. Including assistants, Nebraska would have paid $435,000 in bonuses.

Nebraska is first in line among 5-7 teams to fill bowl slots once all teams 6-6 and better have been selected. Witty said contract wording might be tweaked in the future to cover going to a bowl with a losing record.

• Fire 2

Riley's agent is probably re-working the contract as we speak...planning for future 5-7 "bowl" seasons...I kid, I kid :hmmph

What is the joke, the quote, says they might change the contract so next year he will get paid for his 5 win season... :ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh

Riley's agent is probably re-working the contract as we speak...planning for future 5-7 "bowl" seasons...I kid, I kid :hmmph

What is the joke, the quote, says they might change the contract so next year he will get paid for his 5 win season... :ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh

I glossed over that, OMG, WTF?!?!

This is what we've been reduced to under Harv, Pederhorst, and Riley?!?!

That, my friends, is the epitome of pathetic.

• Fire 1

Not that they will but I wonder what would happen if they tried to fight this. Is there anything in the contract that actually says they shouldn't be paid in this circumstance or are they just making it up as they go?

We're talking about Eichorst. That's a rhetorical question, right? :lol:

• Fire 1

Not that they will but I wonder what would happen if they tried to fight this. Is there anything in the contract that actually says they shouldn't be paid in this circumstance or are they just making it up as they go?

I read the contract and it says "appears in any bowl game not part of the CFP" $150,000. No other stipulations as I see it.

• Fire 1

I read the contract and it says "appears in any bowl game not part of the CFP" $150,000. No other stipulations as I see it.

Appears then if Riley cared to fight it, he would be eligible to receive said bonus. If he fights it, I can pretty much promise you he wont be head coach the end of next season though.