Tangent Thread - Version 5.16

• 2 weeks later...

Tom Osborne was coach to at least 800 different players as a head coach at Nebraska, assuming he brought in about 30 scholarship and walkon players per year and inherited 50 or so more.Among those 800, a small fraction had trouble with the law and super tiny fraction had major crimes put to their names.I'd say TO's character judgment was pretty darn good.It's sad we have fans now who need to reinvent history and throw barbs at a man like TO to justify their defense of guys like Perlman and Pederson.

Yeah. What's a few armed robberies, rapes, and assaults mean anyway?
Stop reinventing history. None of those things ever happened at Nebraska, doubly so under Osborne's watch.
Not sure if serious....
It was parody of the "Tom Osborne has never done anything wrong" crowd.The funniest part of that mindset being, Tom Osborne would be the first person to tell these guys their assessment of him is wrong. Tom knows his shortcomings.
Who said he has never done anything wrong?
Right? Shouldn't have went for 2 and instead kicked the XP and put it in the hands of the voters in 84.
That didn't answer my question.

That also doesn't suggest he was "win at all costs"

But it does lend to the root of your materialism, ego, and bitterness. I think you might just be trolling now.

Wow. I was just trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Putting Lawrence Phillips back on the field in 95-96 was all the proof I needed that winning was more important than doing what was right.

I think you should look up the definition of materialism. I did. And that is not me.

Bitterness? Possibly. I might just be hungover, too.

Ego? Of course. Just look at my rep points.

What a clueless post, unreal! Very easy to question what TO did now that you have the luxury of looking back at what all LP has done. As I said before, you have an agenda, that is for sure!

It wasn't hard to see at the time either. TO got a lot of sh#t for it from pretty much everyone outside of Husker Nation.

There is this notion that TO should be put on a pedestal because of what he accomplished on the field and that the questionable actions he was apart of should be ignored. I cheered for TO back then and think he is a great coach and a great person, he just has some skeletons in his closet like everyone else and he should be judged like everyone else also.

I don't expect posters such as yourself to get it. To the second bold... No there isn't, TO made plenty of mistakes, he is human! Only those that question his ever move make that claim.

Tom Osborne was coach to at least 800 different players as a head coach at Nebraska, assuming he brought in about 30 scholarship and walkon players per year and inherited 50 or so more.Among those 800, a small fraction had trouble with the law and super tiny fraction had major crimes put to their names.I'd say TO's character judgment was pretty darn good.It's sad we have fans now who need to reinvent history and throw barbs at a man like TO to justify their defense of guys like Perlman and Pederson.

Stop reinventing history. None of those things ever happened at Nebraska, doubly so under Osborne's watch.
Not sure if serious....
It was parody of the "Tom Osborne has never done anything wrong" crowd.The funniest part of that mindset being, Tom Osborne would be the first person to tell these guys their assessment of him is wrong. Tom knows his shortcomings.
Right? Shouldn't have went for 2 and instead kicked the XP and put it in the hands of the voters in 84.

But it does lend to the root of your materialism, ego, and bitterness. I think you might just be trolling now.

Putting Lawrence Phillips back on the field in 95-96 was all the proof I needed that winning was more important than doing what was right.

I think you should look up the definition of materialism. I did. And that is not me.

What a clueless post, unreal! Very easy to question what TO did now that you have the luxury of looking back at what all LP has done. As I said before, you have an agenda, that is for sure!

I bet you are a closet Joe Paterno fan, too, right?

Not sure if serious....

lol..like I said, clueless!

Not sure if serious....

Must.......resist......personal.........attack.......on.......intelligence........

Not sure if serious....

You say he is clueless but you haven't stated what he is clueless about. Let's hear it. I am intrigued to find out what you have to say.

Calling someone clueless can't be considered a personal attack? Might as well allow people to reply to him and others as being idiots, ignorant, or simple minded. Would be the same thing...

He actually called the post clueless, not the poster (see his previous post for reference).

That's attacking the message, not the messenger.

Some people don't think there is a difference, but there is.

We all do dumb things from time to time, but doesn't mean you are a dumb person. Well, not necessarily. :)