This is why.

The odds are not in your favor when more than half of your OL can't walk.

More than half of their D Line is out. Their starting CB.

I think things are pretty even on the injury front.

Their D is about as beat up as our OL...Of course, their 2 main guys out (Cichy and Sagapolu) are probably bigger losses than our injured OL... These 2 are impact players. You can't replace a guy with 60 tackles though 7 games....

Wisconsin looked beatable this week vs Iowa. However, Nebraska has looked beatable in 4 of their 7 games.

I do not know if Nebraska wins or not, it depends on who we get back from injures, but I do think this is going to be a good game regardless.

Wisconsin has looked just as beatable as Nebraska. Actually. More beatable than Nebraska. They have 2 losses. Nebraska has zero. Wisconsin IS beatable. Nebraska is the team that we should be debating as to whether or not theyre "beatable", cuz they havent been beaten yet.

Or is this too much common sense?

Without context of schedule, it makes perfect sense.

Its not illogical, or not being a "true fan", to believe that Wisconsin has so far "looked" like the better team. Emotionally, everyone is hoping for a Husker win.

Wisconsin did not look great in the Iowa game. Iowa lost to an FCS team. We will win, of course.

Seriously, though, I see deficiencies and bonuses on both teams. Our main focus as Husker fans is Tommie. If he makes smart decisions and isn't throwing YOLO bombs we win this handily. It is all in his arms. And with "strong arms" we will be alright if he is alright.

A night game in Madison doesn't worry me much. Tommie has to be ready for that night game and play to the potential we all KNOW he has. If he does so, we win this easily. And then move on to OSU next week.

GBR.

The odds are not in your favor when more than half of your OL can't walk.

More than half of their D Line is out. Their starting CB.

I think things are pretty even on the injury front.

Their D is about as beat up as our OL...Of course, their 2 main guys out (Cichy and Sagapolu) are probably bigger losses than our injured OL... These 2 are impact players. You can't replace a guy with 60 tackles though 7 games....

Yeah, I saw that. The injury front matches up well. Almost all of theirs are on defense and all of ours are on offense.

I'm calling it Camp Randy. It won't be 20 below. We like night games. I think you can psych yourself out and buy into the hype.

Let's just get the ball to our money guys, play solid D, and not beat ourself. Tommy needs to fool them more than he fools us. We need to make sure their brilliant defense isn't due to holding our receivers... Right off the bat.

I don't have any predictions.

Does anyone else remember Tommy's performance two years ago? 408? Ring any bells??? I am hopeful we escape with a win, but come on...let's be realistic at how we have played in that stadium.

Let's not forget our star running back had just come back from a serious injury that week as well.... It wasn't on Tommy. It was on the defense.

Does anyone else remember Tommy's performance two years ago? 408? Ring any bells??? I am hopeful we escape with a win, but come on...let's be realistic at how we have played in that stadium.

Let's not forget our star running back had just come back from a serious injury that week as well.... It wasn't on Tommy. It was on the defense.

OK. Tommy looked great that game. Gotcha. The whole team was garbage. A hot mess. That was the game I watched.

The game was actually going great for us, until Gordon busted that first long one. Then it just seemed like the entire team just gave up. Out of nowhere it was like we had the 2009 offense with the 2007 defense. Gone was the team that had jumped out to a 17-3 lead for the first quarter. I guess you could say Wisconsin made the right adjustments.

Wisconsin did not look great in the Iowa game. Iowa lost to an FCS team. We will win, of course.

Seriously, though, I see deficiencies and bonuses on both teams. Our main focus as Husker fans is Tommie. If he makes smart decisions and isn't throwing YOLO bombs we win this handily. It is all in his arms. And with "strong arms" we will be alright if he is alright.

A night game in Madison doesn't worry me much. Tommie has to be ready for that night game and play to the potential we all KNOW he has. If he does so, we win this easily. And then move on to OSU next week.

GBR.

lol

GBR.

lol
What Flood said might be hyperbole, but it is more or less accurate. Wisconsin's weakness on defense is their pass coverage. There best pass coverage had come from the pass rush (not giving the QB time to pass). Despite that rush, two of the three competent QBs they have played beat them (Michigan and OSU). The third competent QB they played was leading the game in the 4th quarter with his crappy Georgia St team.

This week Wisconsin' star NT and star LB are out with injury and star edge rusher Watt is injured but will likely play. That hurts their pass rush. Two of their top three starting CBS are likely out with injury as well. If Good Tommy shows up for the game, he will destroy them through the air. "IF" is the concern in the last sentence...