What would be your response if Oklahoma and Texas join our conference

I am glad you feel that you are welcomed into the BIG

I do not see why you shouldn't. The BIG may have their culture maybe not as extreme as say the SEC but nevertheless the conference has its values. Hard work is one that Nebraska exemplifies the most. Especially considering a lot of your state is on the western side of what is known as the dry line.

I am trying very hard to understand the difference between Oklahoma and Texas. Why I have not seen anyone say Oklahoma wil not fit in as well. From my personal experiences Oklahoma is very much like Texas.

Both are very much farm states that relied on oil and gas for most of their history. Texas has been able to diversify in the past 20 years though and is it great shape to grow financially and population wise.

This may not be known but what they refer to as the Texas triangle is becoming the 4th megalopolis in the United States.

If the BIG can move in there then the conference can control almost half of the US population wise.

I would hate to see the ACC or PAC 12 move into Texas. This has a lot to do with academics.

As much money that college athletics produces for a university times that by 50 and you have the money generated by research

I want Nebraska to become another University of Iowa. I believe that your university has the capabilities to do so.

For this to happen we need more money for research

Finally and most important I have not seen reasons to tell Texas no. Nothing against Nebraska or their fans but sometimes you must find your place in the general scheme of the conference.

Not just for UM but for every university Texas means recruits in athletics and well paid jobs for our states in the research fields.

Instead of all those Nebraska graduates moving to Chicago or Denver they can stay in Lincoln or Omaha and give that money back in taxes

1) Yes, most other Big Ten fans have been very accepting. Many have even been blown away by how well we fit in, even more so than other established conference members. There are threads documenting this around here somewhere.

2) The difference between OU and UT is pretty obvious. We would rather have OU for historical reasons, the Big Ten would rather have Texas for access.

3) Again, acess. Yes.

4) I would hate to see Texas join any league, especially the PAC 12 because it's what they want. Unbiased though, thry need to be a southern or midwest region. Not an East or West coast region.

5) We understand research just fine, not sure why you seem to think we are in the stone age?

6) Wanting us to be like Iowa is just insulting no matter how you intended it....

7) We have given several reasons why. You choose to view them as personal gripes instead of factual reasoning. That's your choice, I'm not going to force it on you.

• Fire 3

I am glad you feel that you are welcomed into the BIG

I do not see why you shouldn't. The BIG may have their culture maybe not as extreme as say the SEC but nevertheless the conference has its values. Hard work is one that Nebraska exemplifies the most. Especially considering a lot of your state is on the western side of what is known as the dry line.

I am trying very hard to understand the difference between Oklahoma and Texas. Why I have not seen anyone say Oklahoma wil not fit in as well. From my personal experiences Oklahoma is very much like Texas.

Both are very much farm states that relied on oil and gas for most of their history. Texas has been able to diversify in the past 20 years though and is it great shape to grow financially and population wise.

This may not be known but what they refer to as the Texas triangle is becoming the 4th megalopolis in the United States.

If the BIG can move in there then the conference can control almost half of the US population wise.

I would hate to see the ACC or PAC 12 move into Texas. This has a lot to do with academics.

As much money that college athletics produces for a university times that by 50 and you have the money generated by research

I want Nebraska to become another University of Iowa. I believe that your university has the capabilities to do so.

For this to happen we need more money for research

Finally and most important I have not seen reasons to tell Texas no. Nothing against Nebraska or their fans but sometimes you must find your place in the general scheme of the conference.

Not just for UM but for every university Texas means recruits in athletics and well paid jobs for our states in the research fields.

Instead of all those Nebraska graduates moving to Chicago or Denver they can stay in Lincoln or Omaha and give that money back in taxes

I see what you are saying. If you remove athletics from the equation, Texas would be a very attractive addition to the Big Ten. But you must live in the real world. Nebraska, Maryland and Rutgers were not added because of their philosophy departments. How about adding Texas on the same level as the University of Chicago - academics only.

Your problem is you want to get married and are only looking at Texas' Tinder page to decide whether to pop the question, trusting Tinder to be accurate (yeah, right).

Our problem is we were in a shot gun marriage with Texas and went through a bad divorce.

Reality is probably somewhere in between

Its a moot point on Texas - they are not gong to join any conference that they cannot control

As far as Oklahoma it is again not logical but emotional. We were in the same conference starting in 1920, Texas in 1997

Finally: In 2010 Delaney had the option to let Texas know that the Big Ten would accept a request to join the conference but choose Nebraska instead. Why don't you send him an email asking why he be hatin' on Texas?

Bonus: Since you are obsessed with culture, here is a little musical number for you

EDIT: Yeah, what Redux said

6) Wanting us to be like Iowa is just insulting no matter how you untended it....

• Fire 1

My issue is that Nebraska's complaints are all conjecture

You do not know for sure what happened and why different universities voted with Texas

It seems like you are upset because you went from getting your way to having another university that did

This is unequivocally false. You just refuse to listen because you're holding onto pre-conceived notions.

Hail - no one asked you about Notre Dame. You've been asked how you would feel if the Michigan and Ohio State game was no longer played annually and instead the new school played Ohio State annually.

This right here is the most important.

Would Michigan be fine with losing the Ohio State annual rivalry in exchange for having Texas in the league?

Because THAT's how big of a deal it was.

• Fire 5

Hail - no one asked you about Notre Dame. You've been asked how you would feel if the Michigan and Ohio State game was no longer played annually and instead the new school played Ohio State annually.

Would Michigan be fine with losing the Ohio State annual rivalry in exchange for having Texas in the league?

Not quite. OU had 2 long term rivals. Nebraska and Texas. It was Oklahoma that picked Texas and recruiting over Nebraska.

Better analogy: If Notre Dame joined the Big Ten and Michigan dropped the Ohio State game to play Notre Dame every year.

• Fire 1

Not quite. OU had 2 long term rivals. Nebraska and Texas. It was Oklahoma that picked Texas and recruiting over Nebraska.

Better analogy: If Notre Dame joined the Big Ten and Michigan dropped the Ohio State game to play Notre Dame every year.

True, but Michigan was already playing ND. At least that kinda makes sense. Nebraska had zero ties to Texas until they joined the conference.

Except we're talking with a weirdo Michigan fan, so it would have to be where Notre Dame joins and then takes over the annual game with Ohio State, to see if he'd be cool with it.

How about this?

When Nebraska joined the Big Ten in 2011, it was leaving a league in chaos and turmoil. Lucky to find a sexy new home with open arms. Upon arrival, Nebraska acts like it was doing the Big Ten a favor. The Big Ten allows the behavior and caves to their demand that they be put in a division with Ohio State and Michigan in the other. Not only that, but the yearly UM vs tOSU game would now be 2 on and 2 off. Sorry UM, but this new setup of Nebraska vs Ohio State is shiny and more important. Michigan is now in a division where the best team besides them is Iowa.

• Fire 3

University of Chicago was already a member of this conference

They left before I was born because they did nor want to fund an athletic program. If this wasn't the case then they would still be apart of this conference.

University of Iowa is an amazing institution for the size of their state. The Iowa's writers workshop is known around the world.

Nebraska fans views everything through the lens of their football program

The university itself does not and your university has tremendous respect for Iowa and Iowa is a school that Nebraska strives to become

Maryland and Rutgers made sense both academically and network wise same as Texas

I have mentioned before on here that this is COLLEGE football

Because of this academics takes a priority over football

If you look at the money earned by Michigan you will see why

Research brings in way more money than football

Football is just a way for us to prove how strong our university is regarding academics

University of Chicago was already a member of this conference

They left before I was born because they did nor want to fund an athletic program. If this wasn't the case then they would still be apart of this conference.

University of Iowa is an amazing institution for the size of their state. The Iowa's writers workshop is known around the world.

Nebraska fans views everything through the lens of their football program

The university itself does not and your university has tremendous respect for Iowa and Iowa is a school that Nebraska strives to become

Maryland and Rutgers made sense both academically and network wise same as Texas

If you look at the money earned by Michigan you will see why

Research brings in way more money than football

Football is just a way for us to prove how strong our university is regarding academics

I know google can be tricky, so I provided a link with more links.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&ei=UKIxWc_mLIuzjwTkraq4DA&q=university+of+nebraska+medical+center+research&oq=university+nevraska+medical+center+research&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.0.0i22i30k1j0i8i13i30k1l4.1350.17039.0.18431.66.57.8.1.1.0.748.17096.2j8j16j12j11j4j1.54.0....0...1.1.64.mobile-gws-hp..14.52.12943.3..0j35i39k1j0i20k1j0i131k1j0i13k1j0i22i10i30k1j33i160k1j0i13i30k1.UzGkqN97Trg

The state of Nebraska understands research, this will inform you of whatever questions you need answered about our research. UNMC is not technically UNL, which is a big reason we lost our AAU status. I'd mention Texas pressed for that, but I'm just a jaded Husker fan mad at Longhorns.

• Fire 2

Salaries:

Coach Jim Harbaugh -$9,004,000

UM Pres Mark Schlissel $772,000

You Wolverines sure have a funny way of demonstrating how you value academics over football. :dunno:

• Fire 7