Shatel's TBL

zoogs

Nothing new, then :D

Exactly. Shatel had a story where he was talking with Bo on the phone and Bo was yelling and cussing so loudly that Mrs. Shatel took the kids to the other room. Again, that type of story doesn't surprise me at all.

Wow. Shatel should have let me him know it's not ok to talk to him like that although I doubt he said anything.

TURMOIL.gif

• Fire 1

I mean that's not at all surprising considering the story of Bo and Carl accosting a reporter in the basement of the Cornhusker the morning of the 2010 Texas game.

Who was the reporter? I remember this story kind of being a thing but I never really heard exactly what happened. I'll give Carl a pass though cuz he was probably coked up. Bo on the other hand. No excuse.

1j1en6.gif

Nothing new, then :D

Exactly. Shatel had a story where he was talking with Bo on the phone and Bo was yelling and cussing so loudly that Mrs. Shatel took the kids to the other room. Again, that type of story doesn't surprise me at all.

I tried to find the video of Bo during a game at YSU and the girl on the sideline who's face was SO shocked

I am growing tired of Sam M dredging this stuff up all the time. The OWH loves to do this. We all get it. Bo was a dick. He is gone. Let it go. It does seem they are trying to remind us (at least Sam M) that Riley is not a dick like the last fella.

No one is judging him on that. That is a minimum expectation for a human being. Riley will be judged on his team's performance, probably this season. He could be the nicest guy on the planet, but another losing season and all of Husker nation will be saying...

fWx327.gif

• Fire 2

I don't think it's about Riley -- I think they're just really sore about how they were treated by Bo. While he was here and HC of the program, they held back. Now that he's gone, it'll be a long, slow dribble. Given what they experienced with Bo, I don't think they're likely to simply let go. They'll often reminisce about how it was with so and so coach, and whether that's good or bad or neutral is going to be up to the coach. But I understand how we'd be tired of hearing about it, as a fanbase. Fortunately, it's not their main thing, either.

Sports journalists care about how they're treated and will often make a point of it. When Herman implemented those strange rules at Texas recently, they all chimed in and threw some shade his way.

• Fire 3

I don't think it's about Riley -- I think they're just really sore about how they were treated by Bo. While he was here and HC of the program, they held back. Now that he's gone, it'll be a long, slow dribble. Given what they experienced with Bo, I don't think they're likely to simply let go. They'll often reminisce about how it was with so and so coach, and whether that's good or bad or neutral is going to be up to the coach. But I understand how we'd be tired of hearing about it, as a fanbase. Fortunately, it's not their main thing, either.

Sports journalists care about how they're treated and will often make a point of it. When Herman implemented those strange rules at Texas recently, they all chimed in and threw some shade his way.

These guys have been caught up in their own celebrity. They are there to report on the team, not to be famous because they are on TV. I don't give a damn who is telling me what happened at practice.

However, I see your point. I guess they can't let it go, it will take us as consumer telling them we don't care anymore before it goes away. In this society of soap opera wanna be's everywhere, that probably won't happen anytime soon.

I mean that's not at all surprising considering the story of Bo and Carl accosting a reporter in the basement of the Cornhusker the morning of the 2010 Texas game.

Who was the reporter? I remember this story kind of being a thing but I never really heard exactly what happened. I'll give Carl a pass though cuz he was probably coked up. Bo on the other hand. No excuse.

1j1en6.gif

The story is fiction and in the fictional story it wasn't a reporter but it was a booster. The story gets more amazing every time it gets told. There is another good one of Bo being "kicked out" of his sons middle school basketball game when he went crazy on the refs, of course, there is no video of it even though clearly that would be big news. Also there is the one of Bo and Carl finding out the true names of posters and stalking them.

• Fire 1

I am growing tired of Sam M dredging this stuff up all the time. The OWH loves to do this. We all get it. Bo was a dick. He is gone. Let it go.

Parts of the fan base haven't let it go either, though. This board is fairly strong evidence of that.

I'm not saying you're wrong, of course. You're right. My point, more or less, is that everyone should let it go.