Stormy Daniels vs. The Donald

Knowing the scum that Trump surrounds himself with, I have a feeling that this is all above board, but this is an extremely scary precedent that we are setting. They had absolutely better have something or they should be prosecuted. Mismanaging this is extremely dangerous to the Republic.

• Plus1 1

Mueller would have had to have found evidence of a crime that was unrelated to his investigation.  He had to have given it to Rosenstein for review who then sent it on to the NY DA.  I'm sure none of this was done in a vacuum, and that with our current environment all what if's were worked through in advance.  I think the fact that they moved on it after all that probably is a big sign of the info that they have being quite significant.

3 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Mueller would have had to have found evidence of a crime that was unrelated to his investigation.  He had to have given it to Rosenstein for review who then sent it on to the NY DA.  I'm sure none of this was done in a vacuum, and that with our current environment all what if's were worked through in advance.  I think the fact that they moved on it after all that probably is a big sign of the info that they have being quite significant.

It also means that it's almost certainly not Stormy Daniels related which I believe is still a civil matter. It would have to be a significant criminal matter for a federal judge to sign off on it. A crime is a crime but no federal judge is going to authorize a raid like this over something trivial considering the target(s). They're seizing documents protected by attorney-client privilege.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I'm sure there's nothing to see here.

Yes, one would think ^^^

No one saw that coming after Trump's foot in the mouth comment on the airplane last week.  Cohen probably cringed and decided what hole he was going to crawl into or what way he was going to commit suicide.  This was Trump's go it alone - I don't need advisors - strategy.  To think - that is how he wants to play wt foreign policy as well.

2 minutes ago, Whistlebritches said:

It also means that it's almost certainly not Stormy Daniels related which I believe is still a civil matter. It would have to be a significant criminal matter for a federal judge to sign off on it. A crime is a crime but no federal judge is going to authorize a raid like this over something trivial considering the target(s). They're seizing documents protected by attorney-client privilege.

Except my understanding is that priviledge goes out the window if the lawyer helped facilitate a crime.  My question @Whistlebritches - would the Daniels thing be civil if it was determined to be a violation of campaign laws?  I know at one time they were looking at the angles there.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Agreed, @ZRod. This is dangerous and scary. If they don't have amazing evidence, this gets real bad, real quick.

Maybe scarier, as we've seen with the Trump fans here, incontrovertible proof may still not be enough for them.

This actually was my first thought when I saw this.

They had better have something HUGE.  Or, the FBI is going to be destroyed by this administration.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This actually was my first thought when I saw this.

They had better have something HUGE.  Or, the FBI is going to be destroyed by this administration.

They'll probably be destroyed anyway, and the admin will possibly stage a coup.

Edited by Moiraine

No doubt it is huge.  Mueller etc are too experienced to do this on a trivial matter - got to be something big happen.  Trump has probably changed his shorts by now and will start tweeting very soon.   He may start by firing Sessions, hire Pruitt as AG who will fire the assistant AG and Mueller.  Don't be surprised if we are on the verge of Sat Night # 2. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, TGHusker said:

No doubt it is huge.  Mueller etc are too experienced to do this on a trivial matter - got to be something big happen.  Trump has probably changed his shorts by now and will start tweeting very soon.   He may start by firing Sessions, hire Pruitt as AG who will fire the assistant AG and Mueller.  Don't be surprised if we are on the verge of Sat Night # 2. 

He has someone else change his shorts.

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Agreed, @ZRod. This is dangerous and scary. If they don't have amazing evidence, this gets real bad, real quick.

Maybe scarier, as we've seen with the Trump fans here, incontrovertible proof may still not be enough for them.

Exactly, Gerald and Hannity are currentlyl howling about no collusion so how could they get this far on the radio(even though we know about Stone and Grucifer).