** 2018 Opponent Previews: Purdue (Game 5) **

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2018 at 8:51 AM, GSG said:

Is Purdue still more talented than us? :P

Purdue is one of four awful teams to lose to Nebraska in 2017.  The extent of Riley's coaching was putting one finger in the air after Nebraska scored their first td of the game in the 4th quarter.  (Really, hip hip, you didnt want to go for two)?  I'm exaggerating.  But only a little bit.

10 hours ago, KazLongDrives300 said:

Purdue is one of four awful teams to lose to Nebraska in 2017.  The extent of Riley's coaching was putting one finger in the air after Nebraska scored their first td of the game in the 4th quarter.  (Really, hip hip, you didnt want to go for two)?  I'm exaggerating.  But only a little bit.

They dropped at least two easy EASY TD's.  I mean, credit to us for taking advantage, but, i think year two in their system, those drops happen less and we likely lose pretty badly in that game (if nothing had changed on our side).

• Plus1 1
On 7/11/2018 at 6:57 PM, Dilly Dilly said:

Also a bit dangerous when you consider that this game falls between Michigan and Wisconsin.  Classic trap game.

Yup. Beat Michigan and move on fast because you can't sleep on any B1G opponent. Just ask tOSU fans how that humble pie tasted in Kinnick stadium last year. Our squad will have to keep their emotions in check.

A team often mirrors their head coach' personality. Frost is one who is pretty good at keeping his emotions in check as a coach so I'm not worried. I guess I still have ill will towards BP for how many turds we laid against opponents after starting a season strong or beating a good team one week, falling flat the very next week. In some cases, our talent was superior to our opponents.

• 5 weeks later...