Nick Saban was 6-6 his first year at Bama.....

huskerfan92

14 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

The question I asked was to the poster that simply said Dabo went 19-15 in his first 3 years.  

I was trying to understand their viewpoint.  But you and others like to jump in on people and start arguments.  

But you understood his viewpoint perfectly, you were merely arguing it to be difficult.  You said you would have fired Riley, you wouldn't have fired Dabo, thus admitting there is a difference even though the records are similar.  So really, your original post in response to the comparison was more of a stir the pot than it was trying to understand anything.

Just now, teachercd said:

Hold on...you are not arguing FOR Riley are you?  You are just arguing against the argument, right?

I think he's arguing to argue

• Plus1 1

Just now, Redux said:

But you understood his viewpoint perfectly, you were merely arguing it to be difficult.  You said you would have fired Riley, you wouldn't have fired Dabo, thus admitting there is a difference even though the records are similar.  So really, your original post in response to the comparison was more of a stir the pot than it was trying to understand anything.

I think he's arguing to argue

Okay...thank god.  That is fine but if one was to try and argue anything in favor FOR Riley...well them is fighting words.

16 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

The question I asked was to the poster that simply said Dabo went 19-15 in his first 3 years.  

I was trying to understand their viewpoint.  But you and others like to jump in on people and start arguments.  

One wonders if Nebraska would have put up with Dabo's first three years with his resume...

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Hmm, curious. Then how do you manage the same end result without using "just sayin'"?

I'm just sayin'....

I think cheeky is doing a literal translation of “just sayin” i.e. “what I just said, I’m just saying” which he thinks makes someone sound less intelligent.  When used properly most people understand it to add a sentiment of what they just said and the meaning is perfectly clear.

Just sayin.

2 minutes ago, MountainMan said:

The promise of a good recruiting class hasn't saved a coach here ever

I don't remember where 2008 was when Callahan got fired.  But Clemson was going to close on a top 10 class after going 6-7.  So there was at least something there to hang their hat on.  Plus, Callahan lost the team at the end of 2007.  It was painfully evident.

I don't know about Solich either.  Pederson made up his mind no matter what.

Bo and Mike weren't going to be close to top 15, again. In my humble opinion

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

I don't remember where 2008 was when Callahan got fired.  But Clemson was going to close on a top 10 class after going 6-7.  So there was at least something there to hang their hat on.  Plus, Callahan lost the team at the end of 2007.  It was painfully evident.

I don't know about Solich either.  Pederson made up his mind no matter what.

Bo and Mike weren't going to be close to top 15, again. In my humble opinion

It was a while ago but I do know that Jonas Gray and Blaine Gabbert were committed to Nebraska when Callahan imploded.

Solich was never a strong recruiter, and neither was Bo if memory serves.  And Riley put the effort in but yes he wasn't producing the numbers by last year.  And his prize recruit probably was a pipe dream anyway

4 minutes ago, MountainMan said:

It was a while ago but I do know that Jonas Gray and Blaine Gabbert were committed to Nebraska when Callahan imploded.

Solich was never a strong recruiter, and neither was Bo if memory serves.  And Riley put the effort in but yes he wasn't producing the numbers by last year.  And his prize recruit probably was a pipe dream anyway

Interesting thing about Foster Sarell.  He's not listed on the 3 deep for Stanford this year.  The other 5 star OL Stanford got that year, Walker Little, played as a true freshman and is now #1 as a sophomore.

3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Interesting thing about Foster Sarell.  He's not listed on the 3 deep for Stanford this year.  The other 5 star OL Stanford got that year, Walker Little, played as a true freshman and is now #1 as a sophomore.

I was speaking more to Bookie (who's seeing significant time on OU as a true freshman) Sarell was the longest of shots

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Sarrell was a co-#1 (-OR-) before the first game.  Then he got hurt.

On 9/15/2018 at 3:04 PM, cheekygeek said:

Regardless, the number of your replies doesn’t increase the quality of your replies and my original point stands. For not caring what I think you have made a lot of replies to what I think.

"Just sayin'" is a perfectly reasonable addition to the language of discourse. It gently suggests that at least one of a poster's assertions may be flawed, even if you agree with the larger argument. 

Ipso facto, your original point doesn't stand at all, and you've gone on a few posts too long about it.

Just sayin. 

• Plus1 1

Ya know, I’m about tired of hearing how great Nick Saban is and seeing him placed up on some football gods pedestal. Sure he’s a very good coach and has had crazy success at Alabama but there is so much more to that success than just his acumen as a coach. Those results and that level of success requires a whole lot of stars aligning, perfect circumstances, timing, etc. As the saying goes, success breeds success.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Ya know, I’m about tired of hearing how great Nick Saban is and seeing him placed up on some football gods pedestal. Sure he’s a very good coach and has had crazy success at Alabama but there is so much more to that success than just his acumen as a coach. Those results and that level of success requires a whole lot of stars aligning, perfect circumstances, timing, etc. As the saying goes, success breeds success.

You may hate him, and that’s fine, even understandable. But Nick Saban is on the very short list of best football coaches ever