Nick Saban was 6-6 his first year at Bama.....

huskerfan92

34 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

I realize I’m a bit peeved right now, but I just want to point out that “Just sayin’” is the most pointless expression in the History of the English Language. It adds nothing to your comment or your ability to wiggle out from responsibility for what you said before it. It lowers the public perception of your IQ by any number of points (and never RAISES IT).

That's not how I use it. Since we're online and you can't read the tone of my voice, it's my way of saying I'm not pissed off while I'm saying the thing that came before "just sayin'" and that I don't totally disagree with the point you were trying to make.

And I don't give a damn what you or anyone else except my boss thinks my IQ is. Not just sayin'.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

And I don't give a damn what you or anyone else except my boss thinks my IQ is. Not just sayin'.

If you are “Not just sayin’ “ on this sentiment then you are making my point. You really MEAN this statement, AS OPPOSED to those that you end with “just sayin’ “ ???

• Fire 1

16 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

If you are “Not just sayin’ “ on this sentiment then you are making my point. You really MEAN this statement, AS OPPOSED to those that you end with “just sayin’ “ ???

I meant both. If you had actually read my next reply, you would know that the reason I used the phrase was to say that I wasn't pissed off about it and didn't totally disagree with what you were trying to say. Now you're just harassing me for no good reason.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

I meant the other thing I said too. If you had actually read my next reply, you would know that the reason I used the phrase was to say that I wasn't pissed off about it and didn't totally disagree with what you were trying to say.

Which points out the other reason that it is inferior communication. What it means for YOU may not be what it means to somebody else. And what it means to you in this thread may mean something else in a different context. Words MEAN things, except for “just sayin’”.

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Which points out the other reason that it is inferior communication. What it means for YOU may not be what it means to somebody else. And what it means to you in this thread may mean something else in a different context. Words MEAN things, except for “just sayin’”.

The majority of people get that it's a way to soften a blow. People have miscommunications all the time using all sorts of words. I frankly don't give a f#&% if you didn't understand me at this point. I was trying to say I didn't mean it in an assholish way and you could have felt free to ignore it instead of being a word I can't say on this forum. I wasn't even talking to you.

• Plus1 1

To everyone saying "we won't go 6-6", not what I was implying when I started this thread. Was just pointing out that even the great Nick Saban had a tough first year at Bama and it took some time to establish a new culture. Yes losing sucks but the sun will come out tomorrow. Enjoy the season and watching this team grow, it surely beats the offseason with no games. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
7 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

Regardless, the number of your replies doesn’t increase the quality of your replies and my original point stands. For not caring what I think you have made a lot of replies to what I think.

You missed the key phrase “at this point.” I did care previously, because based on your reply I assumed without looking that you were the one my original comment was to and I wanted you to know I wasn’t really arguing with your point.

• Plus1 1