Nebraska will beat Michigan

BoNeyard

Michigan's Caliber is overstated. There has been just as much Kool Aid passed around about how great the Wolverines are supposed to be as the notion that Nebraska might knock them off. Football is a fluid sport, so the outcome is always in question. I have seen some truly s#!++y football teams knock off great teams. Nebraska at it's best is not a terrible team. Nebraska at it's best is more than capable of beating Michigan. You can talk about Michigan's talent and Nebraska's lack of talent until your blue in the face, what you think you know doesn't always play out in the field. No matter what coach speak you might want to throw out about being prepared about an opponet, I believe there is a good chance Michigan players mentally overlook Nebraska after the horrible start. At the same time I think Nebraska players will mentally play at a higher level because they are sick of losing, sick of their image getting tarnished, see an opportunity to prove themselves and aren't on the pedestal anymore to get knocked off of. Michigan is very much on that pedestal, and if there is any team who in recent history we've had there number, it's Michigan. I say we walk into the big house and knock off the Wolverines! 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
On 9/16/2018 at 5:33 PM, Gage County said:

Shea Peterson has a 171.19 passing effeciency, he puts the ball right where it needs to be. Our secondary is going to have to cover better than they have so far. The rest of their offense is average. Our d line should have some chances, Michigan has given up 11 sacks in 3 games. They also are penalty prone, like us.

Noon start is their bread and butter, Lloyd Carr used it snivel about any other starting time. I'll be in Row 714 in the sliver of red at the Big house.

NIce! 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, HuskerMoon said:

Michigan's Caliber is overstated. There has been just as much Kool Aid passed around about how great the Wolverines are supposed to be as the notion that Nebraska might knock them off. Football is a fluid sport, so the outcome is always in question. I have seen some truly s#!++y football teams knock off great teams. Nebraska at it's best is not a terrible team. Nebraska at it's best is more than capable of beating Michigan. You can talk about Michigan's talent and Nebraska's lack of talent until your blue in the face, what you think you know doesn't always play out in the field. No matter what coach speak you might want to throw out about being prepared about an opponet, I believe there is a good chance Michigan players mentally overlook Nebraska after the horrible start. At the same time I think Nebraska players will mentally play at a higher level because they are sick of losing, sick of their image getting tarnished, see an opportunity to prove themselves and aren't on the pedestal anymore to get knocked off of. Michigan is very much on that pedestal, and if there is any team who in recent history we've had there number, it's Michigan. I say we walk into the big house and knock off the Wolverines! 

Good post, I think there is possibly some truth to Michigan overlooking NU.  Michigan is a good team, but truthfully does Michigan put the fear into you like playing Ohio St?  It sure doesn't do that for me.  They have a really good defense, they have an average offense.  Their lack of offense has more to do with they style  Harbaugh wants to play more than with talent.  They have good backs, receivers and it looks like a decent QB.  Their O-line is pretty average though.  I think Nebraska will match up pretty well defensively against their offense.  Cut down on penalties and keep the TO to 1 and play lose and see what happens.  

Without a perfectly healthy Adrian Martinez that is firing on all cylinders I don't see how we score more than roughly 14-17 points, and I'd definitely expect them to average at least seven points per quarter against our defense.

We're huge underdogs in this one for several different reasons.

• Plus1 3
14 minutes ago, Undone said:

Without a perfectly healthy Adrian Martinez that is firing on all cylinders I don't see how we score more than roughly 14-17 points, and I'd definitely expect them to average at least seven points per quarter against our defense.

We're huge underdogs in this one for several different reasons.

Yes we are and until we start proving we can win these types of games on a consistent basis, we'll continue to be huge underdogs.  Or at the minimum we play well and stop getting blown out.