Nebraska will beat Michigan

BoNeyard

5 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Yes we are and until we start proving we can win these types of games on a consistent basis, we'll continue to be huge underdogs.  Or at the minimum we play well and stop getting blown out.

Yep.

One thing that would give our team a huge boost one way or the other would be a healthy Martinez that goes out there and allows our offense to open up. The playbook against Troy felt kind of limited with Bunch in the game (even though that's hard to prove) and it's honestly fairly depressing thinking about what Michigan's defense is capable of doing against our vanilla run game. 

If Troy held us to under 20 points...sheesh. 

And just to end with at least one positive note, I really think we can beat Wisconsin with a healthy Martinez...so if he's in a spot where playing full speed on Saturday aggravates the injury, don't play him. We could still win the West this season. We really could.

On 9/17/2018 at 5:34 PM, BoNeyard said:

Martinez will play, but I fully expect Frost to not make any announcements.

I agree. I also don't think the fighting Harbaugh's are mentally tough,  meaning they will have written NU off as an easy W already.  I think the switch flips and lights turn on for the team this week to start figuring it out...

GbKs.gif

On 9/17/2018 at 2:04 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Nobody expect Nebraska to go to the Big House and beat Michigan.

That probably works in our favor.

I expect coaches and team to play faster and looser given the reduced expectations. 

(just dont tell them we expect this)

If Appalachian St. can do it....

• Plus1 1

Nebraska will win if:

*Go + in the turnover margin

*No stupid penalties

*Win on 3rd down defensively

However, through 2 games we give the ball away like parents handing out candy on Halloween, commit stupid penalties that give opponents free 1st downs, and too often can't get opposing offenses off the field after 3rd down.  Defensively Nebraska is pretty good at getting offenses into 3rd and long, but just can't finish.

If Nebraska wants to have a chance, they need to accomplish/fix those three bullet points.