New to HB

Mad Foot

1 hour ago, Mad Foot said:

Just wanted to drop by and say Hello!  I am new here, and am trying to feel my way around the site.  If you were going to recommend a thread, what would you recommend?  Any ways, HELLO!!!!  GO BIG RED!!!!!! image.png.d9da7ce6b957774dbf8e8cfe14acedeb.pngimage.png.3b41b9d1f261fc5a5f001334d88c4487.png

Watch out for @Landlord, he'll argue with you just to be contrarian about it.  And oh yeah, he wears a demin vest usually and socks with sandals--he doesn't get out much.

:tv

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Another FYI...if you follow recruiting,  we have great recruiting forum.  Mav is ALWAYS on top of it and then we have a few people that chime in with good info;  then we have Scootyice.  NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER listen to him.  When it comes to recruiting, his knowledge is equal to a 3 year old and their knowledge of aeronautical engineering. 

I don't even follow recruiting and I'm impressed with our recruiting forum. It's gone from something of an extra thing to a major part of this site.

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Good threads to read so you can get an idea of the feel of this place:

The Scott Frost Megathread

A recap of all the hysteria pre- and post-hire

Bo Pelini's Saltwater Aquarium Guy

This one's hard to explain. And hard to read.

(sadly, you won't have access to this thread until Rumorville returns, which usually only happens during coaching changes, which will hopefully a long time from now)

Hello, Mike Riley

Wherein a hugely confused fan base tries to figure out who/what we just hired (spoiler - that hire doesn't turn out well)

Introduce Yourself

Self-Explanatory

The Woodshed Thread Hall of Fame

You'll have to ask a Mod for access to the Shed, but it's a decent agglomeration of old threads.

The Douschebag (sic) Hall of Fame

Also in the Shed. Also a good read.

Of course I want to read some of that.....  Who would be a good Mod to ask for this privilege?  And thanks for all the thread suggestions.... 

7 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

The one thing i actually liked about Eazy and his recruiting is he done some good write-ups about the recruits in each class.  They were good reads. 

He seemed to know what he  was talking about. At the time.

45 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Good threads to read so you can get an idea of the feel of this place:

The Scott Frost Megathread

A recap of all the hysteria pre- and post-hire

Bo Pelini's Saltwater Aquarium Guy

This one's hard to explain. And hard to read.

(sadly, you won't have access to this thread until Rumorville returns, which usually only happens during coaching changes, which will hopefully a long time from now)

Hello, Mike Riley

Wherein a hugely confused fan base tries to figure out who/what we just hired (spoiler - that hire doesn't turn out well)

Introduce Yourself

Self-Explanatory

The Woodshed Thread Hall of Fame

You'll have to ask a Mod for access to the Shed, but it's a decent agglomeration of old threads.

The Douschebag (sic) Hall of Fame

Also in the Shed. Also a good read.

• Fire 1