** 2023 Opponent Preview : Iowa (Game 12) **

I think the writing is on the wall, Brian Ferentz is gone, especially with a back-up QB going in. I don't see them getting to 25 PPG by the end of the season. I would love to see daddy ferentz leave with him. I can foresee them quickly flailing with the Rutgers and Marylands of the CFB world, where the goal will be 6 wins and an upset every few years.

• Plus1 1

16 hours ago, Madcows said:

I think the writing is on the wall, Brian Ferentz is gone, especially with a back-up QB going in. I don't see them getting to 25 PPG by the end of the season. 

That clause in his contract is not a "score 25ppg or you're fired" scenario. It actually really means next to nothing, it just means the contract won't auto-renew. The only way he's gone is if the AD forces it.

4 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

That clause in his contract is not a "score 25ppg or you're fired" scenario. It actually really means next to nothing, it just means the contract won't auto-renew. The only way he's gone is if the AD forces it.

And now they have the "super out"

But but, our QB got hurt and missed a bunch of games...Haha

• TBH 5
1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

The way my Iowa friends tell me, it's 25 PPG or you're done. They are all hoping he is done at the end of the year.

51 minutes ago, Madcows said:

The way my Iowa friends tell me, it's 25 PPG or you're done. They are all hoping he is done at the end of the year.

Iowa friends, ha!

Look, tell your "Friends" that BF is not going anywhere unless KF retires and/or BF gets a very nice "job" in the athletic department.  It seems that KF must not have a lot of friends in the NFL because if he did, one of them would take BF off his hands.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Iowa friends, ha!

Look, tell your "Friends" that BF is not going anywhere unless KF retires and/or BF gets a very nice "job" in the athletic department.  It seems that KF must not have a lot of friends in the NFL because if he did, one of them would take BF off his hands.

Texting a few now, I'll see what they say. They all have made it sound it's ironclad he gets 25 ppg or he's gone.

• Haha 1

The question will be do they want to use firing Brian as a way to get rid of Kirk because if son goes, I am sure dad goes.  I am really not sure if an interim AD will make this call and I am not sure if it is the correct call heading into the new Big 10.  Damn if I would want to be the head coach listening to the student section chanting stuff about my kid though.  That has got to be hard.

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, Caven said:

The question will be do they want to use firing Brian as a way to get rid of Kirk because if son goes, I am sure dad goes.  I am really not sure if an interim AD will make this call and I am not sure if it is the correct call heading into the new Big 10.  Damn if I would want to be the head coach listening to the student section chanting stuff about my kid though.  That has got to be hard.

I imagine Kirk copes with that like this 

Woody-Harrelson.jpg

• Haha 1