2024 Season Notes

Baseball America has a good article regarding post season "bubble watch" teams. Article Link

The B1G 10 breakdown is spot on. Here's the Nebraska outlook:

Nebraska (30-16, 12-6; RPI: 21; SOS: 23): The Cornhuskers are fine. They’re much closer to the hosting race than the bubble, though I don’t think hosting is going to be in the cards for them unless they run the table or come close to it.

• TBH 1

Biggest Series of the year and still not a Thread. That folks is how disgusting the fans are of the loss to South Dakota State. It was 100% inexcusable. Thank You Will Bolt!! 

Honestly, if asked about this series 2 weeks after Brocket's no no I'd have said we had a chance to sweep. This team though lacks so many of the details a championship caliber teams needs and maybe the most glaring is their lack of focus. Carey, how many errors will he have by weeks end. I expect 2 but honestly, I won't be surprised if it's over 3. McConaughey will win Saturday's matchup, for Sears to win he needs to throw 6+ strong innings. This is a HUGE series for both teams and Indiana's bats have finally come around. Can the Husker's match the Indiana intensity? Time will tell but to be 10:00 am on game day and still no thread, well... that's telling now isn't it? 

9 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Biggest Series of the year and still not a Thread. That folks is how disgusting the fans are of the loss to South Dakota State. It was 100% inexcusable. Thank You Will Bolt!! 

Honestly, if asked about this series 2 weeks after Brocket's no no I'd have said we had a chance to sweep. This team though lacks so many of the details a championship caliber teams needs and maybe the most glaring is their lack of focus. Carey, how many errors will he have by weeks end. I expect 2 but honestly, I won't be surprised if it's over 3. McConaughey will win Saturday's matchup, for Sears to win he needs to throw 6+ strong innings. This is a HUGE series for both teams and Indiana's bats have finally come around. Can the Husker's match the Indiana intensity? Time will tell but to be 10:00 am on game day and still no thread, well... that's telling now isn't it? 

Still need to overcome Childress's default setting penchant for changing pitchers every nanosecond.

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Start one???  :dunno

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

Michigan State will be playing for entry into the tournament. Nebraska for the crown. It will be a hard series. MSU Friday starter is really good. Their offense is hot and cold but when hot, they can put runs on the board. 

A series win will likely give us a share of the crown with Illinois. I'm sure every fan is ok with that. Players should be too. The goal is always to sweep but just perform 1 game at a time. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
17 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Michigan State will be playing for entry into the tournament. Nebraska for the crown. It will be a hard series. MSU Friday starter is really good. Their offense is hot and cold but when hot, they can put runs on the board. 

A series win will likely give us a share of the crown with Illinois. I'm sure every fan is ok with that. Players should be too. The goal is always to sweep but just perform 1 game at a time. 

Illinois plays Purdue and Indiana plays Michigan. 

It would appear we have the easier matchup. 

Michigan State is playing for an invite. Michigan, Indy are in with little chance of the crown. Purdue home playing Illinois is for the outright crown or a share of it. MSU is playing for their season. Nebraska for the a share of the crown.

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, Loebarth said:

Michigan State is playing for an invite. Michigan, Indy are in with little chance of the crown. Purdue home playing Illinois is for the outright crown or a share of it. MSU is playing for their season. Nebraska for the a share of the crown.

Sounds like a time for the staff to try to develop some pitchers.

• Haha 1