Oregon & Washington to the B1G - Clemson & Florida State Next?

If/when FSU leaves, Miami and Clemson will walk out the door that FSU opened.  One step closer to the Big 3. FSU, Miami, Clemson (and maybe ND in all sports besides FB--or Georgia Tech) to the BigTen, then SEC and BigXII will figure out if any of the basketball schools would be worth picking up.

44 minutes ago, Madcows said:

If/when FSU leaves, Miami and Clemson will walk out the door that FSU opened.  One step closer to the Big 3. FSU, Miami, Clemson (and maybe ND in all sports besides FB--or Georgia Tech) to the BigTen, then SEC and BigXII will figure out if any of the basketball schools would be worth picking up.

I wonder how Stanford and California feel. Maybe they stay with the PAC4 to help consume all the money WSU and OSU will get to keep, and let some things flush out for a year or 2. 

25 minutes ago, nic said:

I wonder how Stanford and California feel. Maybe they stay with the PAC4 to help consume all the money WSU and OSU will get to keep, and let some things flush out for a year or 2. 

Would 2Pac even want them back? This whole re-alignment mega conference thing is ridiculous. If the ACC does dissolve and the Power Three expanding again, there may be room in either the BigTen or BigXII for OSU/WSU/Cal/Stan to find a home.

I haven't read through the 38 page argument, but if they signed the GOR / TV contract and its found to be invalid, then I don't know what constitutes a contract.

If this goes through does any contract anyone ever signed now void?  And perhaps to be less dramatic, does it mean none of the conferences contracts are valid? 

• Plus1 2

13 hours ago, hskrpwr13 said:

I haven't read through the 38 page argument, but if they signed the GOR / TV contract and its found to be invalid, then I don't know what constitutes a contract.

If this goes through does any contract anyone ever signed now void?  And perhaps to be less dramatic, does it mean none of the conferences contracts are valid? 

I haven’t read the filing either, but I would think they wouldn’t argue that the entire contract is invalid. Rather, specifically the exit fee, within the contract, is/was unreasonable and a restraint against trade. Don’t believe they expect to be successful but rather filed the lawsuit in hopes of being able to settle with the ACC on a reduced amount. Many lawsuits are about posturing and end up settling.

19 hours ago, macroboy said:

I agree that the suit is really just about forcing a settlement.

A settlement that will set the bar for Miami and others to get out. And probably for less since FSU leaving devalues the conference. I wonder if ESPN and others  will renegotiate the contracts to keep it together or if they want the super conferences. 

15 minutes ago, nic said:

A settlement that will set the bar for Miami and others to get out. And probably for less since FSU leaving devalues the conference. I wonder if ESPN and others  will renegotiate the contracts to keep it together or if they want the super conferences. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if the SEC and BIG10 keep adding all the legit programs and those 2 conferences break off and for a new higher class of football that resembles NFL format.