Oregon & Washington to the B1G - Clemson & Florida State Next?

A couple of things.  The author was not Jessica or Sir Yacht.  So it's possibly true.  Clemson is my 2nd fave team so that'd be great.  I also can't stand FSU for the 1994 Orange Bowl and the incredibly bad officiating.  We have exorcised our demons against UF and Miami.  I'd like to regularly kick FSU around.  

Post from an M board.

The FSU Board of Trustee chair, Peter Collins, did an interview today all but saying FSU is about to leave the ACC. The conference they were targeting was clearly the B10 as he described the benefits of the Academic Alliance. Reading the tea leaves conference expansion is ramping up.

Some highlights:

• The financial gap between the B10 & SEC and everyone else was essentially insurmountable.
  • He indicated the school was not overly concerned about the ACC grant of rights that goes to 2036. "That will not be the document that keeps us from taking action. And I’ll leave it at that.”
  • The ACC uneven distribution model doesn't fit their needs.
  • Says athletics will be discussed at the BoT tomorrow, but no action will be taken.

Interview summary

Full interview

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'd rather have Oregon.  Miami can go rot.

And if you have FSU you already have the Florida market.  Miami is probably 3rd in the state in fans, eyeballs and attendance.  It is a smaller (I think) private school, NW might not want another private school in the conference?  

• TBH 2

I’d think FSU would want that $300 million up front.  Negotiate a lower buy out AND not want to spend half their BIG ten $ to pay for the past.  They’ll need it going forward just to compete in the new league.  Ten years being cash strapped is a long time with a dramatic schedule upgrade.  A new Big Ten with about half the top 30 teams in the country will be incredibly hard to compete without any $$ disadvantages.  

Im guessing they’ll need more money for facilities before ten years elapsed.  

If we can get back to respectability, I think FSU would develop into a really fun rivalry. Oregon and Washington don’t do much for me one way or another. Clemson would be kinda fun. 

I hate Miami more than any other school. The atmosphere in LNK during that 2014 game was absolutely crazy, so part of me would enjoy that regularly. But another part of me wants nothing to do with that school. 

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, Fru said:

If we can get back to respectability, I think FSU would develop into a really fun rivalry. Oregon and Washington don’t do much for me one way or another. Clemson would be kinda fun. 

I hate Miami more than any other school. The atmosphere in LNK during that 2014 game was absolutely crazy, so part of me would enjoy that regularly. But another part of me wants nothing to do with that school. 

Husker fans would FLOCK to FSU and Clemson, that is for sure.  Probably Miami too even though they have played them a bit more recently. 

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to Oregon & Washington to the B1G - Clemson & Florida State Next?