Oregon & Washington to the B1G - Clemson & Florida State Next?

People need to understand that USC hates Oregon bad enough that they would rather stay in the Pac12 or join the Big12 then have Oregon join the B1G.   The same could be said for FSU and Miami but FSU will welcome Miami if it allows them to join also.  FSU wants to up their academic standards and revenue and they wouldn't stonewall Miami to jeopardize that.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, teachercd said:

And if you have FSU you already have the Florida market.  Miami is probably 3rd in the state in fans, eyeballs and attendance.  It is a smaller (I think) private school, NW might not want another private school in the conference?  

You mean besides them and the university of South Compton?

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, lo country said:

None.  We beat them and Miami.  FSU was the only one if the big Florida schools we never beat.  Meant more of a "we beat them all to win a NC, but FSU".    

Well we actually had FSU beaten outside of the horrendous phantom clip call on our punt return and the no call fumble by FSU as they scored late - 14 point combined swing against us.  So close to being the start of a three-peat NC.  Yes I'm still angry :steam about it.( ok not really but still....)  Get FSU in our conference so we can beat them in our place.  In 1999 we could have/should have met them for the NC but that fumble going across the goal line vs Texas :hookerhorns ruined that opportunity for us.  I had no doubts we would have won it.  The 1999 team IMHO was our best team to never have won the NC (better than 1983 & 1993). 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Well we actually had FSU beaten outside of the horrendous phantom clip call on our punt return and the no call fumble by FSU as they scored late - 14 point combined swing against us.  So close to being the start of a three-peat NC.  Yes I'm still angry :steam about it.( ok not really but still....)  Get FSU in our conference so we can beat them in our place.  In 1999 we could have/should have met them for the NC but that fumble going across the goal line vs Texas :hookerhorns ruined that opportunity for us.  I had no doubts we would have won it.  The 1999 team IMHO was our best team to never have won the NC (better than 1983 & 1993). 

That game is the game I think about every time someone says they hate the instant review.  Yes, it's annoying....but, I would rather have those calls right.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That game is the game I think about every time someone says they hate the instant review.  Yes, it's annoying....but, I would rather have those calls right.

Hell if instant replay had existed, we would have two additional national championships in the trophy case (1982 Penn State as well). 

• Oh Yeah! 3
  • TBH 2
19 hours ago, nic said:

I hate to break it to Nicole, but the Big10 delivered the PAC12 death blow when they took USC and UCLA.

“I know people have rolled their eyes at this, but I do not think the Big Ten wants to be the one to deliver the final blow to the Pac-12. So, I expect they'll monitor what happens with the Big 12 first. Dominoes would need to fall there first to act.”

Dominos will fall later today when ASU and Arizona bolt. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Oregon & Washington to the B1G - Clemson & Florida State Next?