Oregon & Washington to the B1G - Clemson & Florida State Next?

16 minutes ago, brophog said:

The end game is when the TV contracts go bust.

This is so true.  Entertainment is evolving quickly.  I think interest to watch will remain for a long time but how people access it will likely change in the near future.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

24 teams in a conference that sounds crazy to me.

I think everyone might need to rethink what they envision as a "conference".  If we get to 24 teams (the tweet was just a hypothetical idea), we would sort of be our own league.  Then, the SEC would be it's own league.  You wouldn't obviously play everyone.  Heck, we don't now.  But, we would be battling for the league championship and then in the end, the top teams would then go against the top teams in the SEC for the NCAA championship.

• Plus1 2

I think the B1G should also add Arizona, Arizona St, Oregon St, and Washington St.  Then all the west coast teams can be in the B1G West, with the remaining teams in the B1G East.  Then at the end of the regular season the winner of the West can play the winner of the East in the Rose Bowl...

• Haha 7
18 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

2 things

1) It's funny this comes out right after the Pac schools were presented media deals yesterday.  Sounds like a leak from the 4 schools turning the screws on the Pac office.

B) Is this really news?  The article states "The discussions are in the very early stages, sources caution. No decision, including on whether to expand or stay put at 16 teams, has been made or is considered imminent."  I would assume the B1G has been talking about adding these 4 schools for the last couple years.  Same way that they have been talking about adding ACC schools the last couple of years.  If they haven't been talking about this then they are not doing their job.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Oregon & Washington to the B1G - Clemson & Florida State Next?