Minnesota Week Pressers

5 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

He played a lot of young guys there because the teams were so bad before he got there.  Didn't have the luxury of the transfer portal.  Don't think he has to play as many guys because although the record sucked last year I don't think we lacked in the athletic ability across the board. 

That was always my understanding.

I've also thought the last few years that we have had better athletes on our team than what our record would make people think.  

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

So...who will be in the booth?  I have always thought that is a good place for a WR coach.  He can see the back end of the defence and how they are playing much clearer for his WRs.

Can’t find a tweet to post it officially but he did say McGuire will be in the booth.

• Oh Yeah! 1

Just now, Mavric said:

There is a holdup here coming from LSU/Georgia not providing the assistance they pledged me thinks. It’s been highly alluded to. They need the mental health documentation to get the waiver. Seems kinda crummy for the schools not do so after pledging to. 

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

He should 100% play him, the NCAA is lame and has no real power.  

He listed mental health as his reason.  if the NCAA wants to deny that IN THIS CLIMATE let them try.  Play him.

I think this is just as much about playing for the past universities not releasing documented information as it is the NCAA. While I agree he should play this is his 3rd school. It should not be a guarantee. But the lack of efficiency by several parties here is appalling. 

• Plus1 1

Main takeaway is that I like the 1s pretty much everywhere, even on the OLine with Teddy out (or limited). I think they will all look better in a ground attack.

Depth is admittedly a little scary in spots. It really sucks being down Buford and Farmer at S. Said it last year too but we have to be able to get Heinrich and Reimer off the field more. Not a shot at them but they’ve been relied on to play way too many snaps. Would be nice to see a lot of Javin Wright. 

I’m not sure how explosive we will be on offense but I think we will be very efficient and move the chains. Not having so many dumb 3 and outs will help ease depth concerns.