Minnesota Prediction Thread

5 minutes ago, admo said:

This game is extra exciting for me with anticipation of just watching the game and seeing how it unfolds.  Like most weeks, but this feels a little bit different this time.  

Probably because I have no clue what will happen.  :dunno  And that's a pretty honest opinion.

On one side, I can see a surprisingly, good Husker victory take place by the team grinding and fighting under Coach Rhule.  Like a good win that happens because the guys play really well. 

On the flip side of that, I can also envision Minny down 7 early to win 30-14 with a late score for us and for them. 

I have no idea what to anticipate, but that's what makes this game so exciting to look forward to.

A few things that will happen for sure, and that's because it happens most Husker games.......:

1. A cold cooler of ice filled with Modelo and Tecate

2. Home cooked beans in the slow cooker and spanish rice on the stove top cooking slowly too

3. Chips, guac, Queso and HomeMade Salsa for the first half

4. - - - - - Halftime adjustments - - -  - -  -  Grilling red meat (Steaks or fajitas) with tortillas

5. 2nd half of the game  -  Let's see if adjustments are needed or not, and how the game unfolds.  A close game will tell the story of who gets after it, who makes more mistakes (turnovers/penalties), or who finds a way to play it super safe to win or lose. 

If the 1st half of the clock gets eaten up by both sides, then we know that both teams are waiting for someone to make a mistake.  And that's not fun football.  Even if that is Big Ten Football (Minnesota, Illinois, NW, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan St, etc). 

If both teams turn it up in the 2nd half, then someone actually wants to win, so let's go have some fun!

I mean, unless we are down by 3 touchdowns going into halftime, in the Big Ten, it is anyone's game to win or lose.  

Grilling at the half?  Isn't it gonna be like 8:30???  

• Oh Yeah! 2

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Grilling at the half?  Isn't it gonna be like 8:30???  

Steaks only take 2 and a half minutes per side, so that's just 5 minutes lol.  It's not like we trying to cook some chicken or pork ribs with a smoker. 

Heat the grill super hot, slap down the steaks, cover, then 2 minutes later lift cover and flip it.  After 4-5 minutes it is done and juicy and delicious.  Let it cool for 5 minutes on plates (will still cook on the inside until you put your fork and knife in it).  Every time.  The perfect steak.

And I know you probably have patio lights or porch lights with the grill.  We are just starting to see the Hot Texas Sun go down at 840pm....  So yeah, it's not early at all for a Thursday Night :)

7 hours ago, admo said:

Steaks only take 2 and a half minutes per side, so that's just 5 minutes lol.  It's not like we trying to cook some chicken or pork ribs with a smoker. 

Heat the grill super hot, slap down the steaks, cover, then 2 minutes later lift cover and flip it.  After 4-5 minutes it is done and juicy and delicious.  Let it cool for 5 minutes on plates (will still cook on the inside until you put your fork and knife in it).  Every time.  The perfect steak.

And I know you probably have patio lights or porch lights with the grill.  We are just starting to see the Hot Texas Sun go down at 840pm....  So yeah, it's not early at all for a Thursday Night :)

That is one late dinner!  I have always been an early dinner guy.  Like 5-530.  

• TBH 1

On 8/28/2023 at 12:37 PM, deedsker said:

17 - 13, rodents

Bonus: The whole game take 2 hours and 53 minutes and the FOX wonders why it ever agreed to put these two on prime time Thursday night because they don't even fill the entire time slot and choose one of the new BIG teams for next year who might throw a pass more than 10 yards.

On 8/28/2023 at 1:55 PM, JJ Husker said:

im-here-wake-up.gif

And yet, I am still disappointed somehow. You think the logic in me that already knew this would happen would make this easier.

• TBH 1