Minnesota Prediction Thread

5 hours ago, BoKnowsD said:

Whatever happens, please don't let this come down to us having the ball at the end of the game (losing) with a chance to win the game.  

actually....if that scenario occurred and we end up winning....that would go a long ways in restoring some much needed confidence instilled in this team. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

25-23 Huskers

Nebraska successfully limits Minnesota's passing, does a decent job limiting their rushing and is able to sustain drives keeping the game close.

Minnesota is driving past the NU 50 yard line very late in the fourth leading 23-18. The Huskers force a turnover and advance the ball near the Gofer 35. With less than a minute remaining, Nebraska scores a touchdown and wins 25-23.  :restore2

• Oh Yeah! 1

2 minutes ago, M.A. said:

25-23 Huskers

Nebraska successfully limits Minnesota's passing, does a decent job limiting their rushing and is able to sustain drives keeping the game close.

Minnesota is driving past the NU 50 yard line very late in the fourth leading 23-18. The Huskers force a turnover and advance the ball near the Gofer 35. With less than a minute remaining, Nebraska scores a touchdown and wins 25-23.  :restore2

The math for us to get to 18 points hurts my head.  You either think we are going to kick SIX FG, or get multiple safeties eh?

• Plus1 1

This game is extra exciting for me with anticipation of just watching the game and seeing how it unfolds.  Like most weeks, but this feels a little bit different this time.  

Probably because I have no clue what will happen.  :dunno  And that's a pretty honest opinion.

On one side, I can see a surprisingly, good Husker victory take place by the team grinding and fighting under Coach Rhule.  Like a good win that happens because the guys play really well. 

On the flip side of that, I can also envision Minny down 7 early to win 30-14 with a late score for us and for them. 

I have no idea what to anticipate, but that's what makes this game so exciting to look forward to.

A few things that will happen for sure, and that's because it happens most Husker games.......:

1. A cold cooler of ice filled with Modelo and Tecate

2. Home cooked beans in the slow cooker and spanish rice on the stove top cooking slowly too

3. Chips, guac, Queso and HomeMade Salsa for the first half

4. - - - - - Halftime adjustments - - -  - -  -  Grilling red meat (Steaks or fajitas) with tortillas

5. 2nd half of the game  -  Let's see if adjustments are needed or not, and how the game unfolds.  A close game will tell the story of who gets after it, who makes more mistakes (turnovers/penalties), or who finds a way to play it super safe to win or lose. 

If the 1st half of the clock gets eaten up by both sides, then we know that both teams are waiting for someone to make a mistake.  And that's not fun football.  Even if that is Big Ten Football (Minnesota, Illinois, NW, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan St, etc). 

If both teams turn it up in the 2nd half, then someone actually wants to win, so let's go have some fun!

I mean, unless we are down by 3 touchdowns going into halftime, in the Big Ten, it is anyone's game to win or lose.  

• Fire 2